Hot or Not? McInturff Spitfire

Lerxst

spaghetti and blankets
exrypxpac0jcphnqopou.jpg

qp2bskkpdebpalxsxlbs.jpg

fphg0yjgtwx00hb9rcoo.jpg

Luthier Terry McInturff has put together a Strat style guitar that offers a myriad of tone options without straying from the visual designs of other iconic axes. Its Mini-Q passive tone filter is the Spitfire's secret weapon and basically mimics the Pultec EQ - which was highly popular and found on the greatest studio desks during the classic rock era. There are endless tonal possibilities when played through a variety of amps. A beautiful swamp ash body combined with a Honduras Mahogany Neck, and Indian Rosewood fingerboard give the Spitfire a versatile tone and feel that's maximized by the three custom wound Lollar pickups (single, single, P90). Overall, this guitar has a deep attention to detail and its innovation and superior build quality make it a pleasure to play and explore!

• 7 lbs. 14 oz.
  • Solid Swamp Ash Body
  • Honduras Mahogany neck
  • Master grade Indian Rosewood fretboard
  • 22 medium jumbo frets
  • 12” fretboard radius +/- .001”
  • MOP dot inlays
  • '59 Neck Profile
  • Unique McInturff neck design - very woody tone
  • Set neck design, neck joins body at 19th fret
  • 25.125” scale length
  • Custom-spec Lollar pickups, s/s/P90
  • Gotoh 1055 vibrato bridge
  • Mini-Q dual tone filter set
  • 3-D Tortoise shell pickguard
  • CTS volume pot
  • Oak-Grigsby 5-way pickup selector
  • 100% Nitro cellulose lacquer finish
  • Rear locking tuners
  • Dunlop dual-design strap pegs
  • Solid milled aluminum knobs with rubber grip rings

https://reverb.com/item/973620-mcinturff-spitfire-electric-guitar-tangerine-orange

Spec listed as mahogany neck,he says rosewood. Nice sounds outta it.

I almost dismissed this guitar....until I watched the video.... I'd be interested in this. I really sounded damn good. I'm not convinced that the control layout is to my liking though. It seems a bit awkward.

I kinda like that.

The first picture makes it look chunky and clunky, but the others make up for it.
I MIGHT want a different shaped pick guard, but I can live with it.

Yep, I think the guard is weird though and the knobs can be changed.

I feel so dirty though because I associate them with the old Ed Roman website and all his hyperbole.

Yep, I think the guard is weird though and the knobs can be changed.

I feel so dirty though because I associate them with the old Ed Roman website and all his hyperbole.
You might be thinking McNaught. I don't think TM ever had a relationship with Ed Roman

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You might be thinking McNaught. I don't think TM ever had a relationship with Ed Roman

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Maybe, it's been a while.

edit: Did a Google check to see and Ed used top mention them a lot and tried to work with him but TM backed out and ER bashed his brand for it.

Okay, totally in now if Terry made Eds's life difficult somehow before his death.

Yes, I believe he deserved it.

Last edited:
I like it. I think the layout makes sense. And I like that the volume knob is positioned where it makes swells easier. But the claim in the description that the tone circuit mimics a Pultec EQ strikes me as kinda silly.

Back