McDonald's gets snarky.

I'll admit it, McD's has stepped up their coffee game. I'm not a macciado/latte/frappacino guy, I usually just want a quality cup of black coffee and McD's coffee is actually pretty good. Add the drive-thru convenience and it's a win/win.

I just wish my local coffee folks would stop using styrofoam cups. I hate them and what they do to the environment. I generally don't go to McDonald's as it is hard to get a non-meat breakfast there.

that was pretty good.

a new café opened near work. thought I would give it a try (as I could actually get a seat - it wasn't filled with laptop zombies glomming off the free wifi). $6.50 later I had a regular small coffee and a $4 fucking muffin.

four. dollar. muffin.

one café recently sublet an adjacent space into a rent-a-desk space. the café doesn't have wifi, the office doesn't have coffee.

cscJMjQFdzndUy4vvi_S_1pjlSNPPzuPMEH28CtppmKdLnARUgoFOO5nOmQ9Ri6cF6UsdbZMRKsZghRuqWUFFrokpDFmwOQg4ay7o5pDzKVqS4amZLpY8mjDcOpSPO8PUgHBj4cUEevp6LqFG-2HazriLGwBeboJI2gusgTf_wg3RBpbhQ-9SimjN883VzyYhrTuBWJ6f2E-vqZ6onHnItBt3oQ91Nxs0pUTiRDy2jDUdzm7_8gMbx3UX_yXyh6M_qfxRpztEQeeQBF_Of9KplpuYzEkLAXWV2xIImJ4Mef7tHWJH2jIYAjSswLRBiLYqf0ILWzoTiTNXqot771mPhkk8wIFx83FwOi1ytr4ilgZkCgRUsE3UbApWNYB-knli27sX0gGyzg-Dfs_x9pq7nFiSeYVdOy9On5x9igbN1kVARqOyD9b7uFC9ptbrnZ-gWJYUMVouxveor5A3h9-EUNAe76GmwUE50F0jRxq994qtbeuBiU9Ez7OYtAICvGASi08tS5Ch1psU9f4ThRpH9EEpuPWtuIF14vquk38TRIwSS_I8wbpPjGbTtlJ65se9yJ8f9OutwCXautxgHq5DtQ9zDCXKDjjL9WvPZXns6noRQMkMbkk=s398-no

There's a great coffee house within a couple of blocks of the new Apple "mothership" in Cupertino that I used to favor when we lived in that neighborhood. It was run by an old couple, had no wifi, and sold works by locals artisans (e.g. jewelry, pottery, etc.) I wonder if it will change with the influx of all the Apple folks into something hipper (and thus, avoidable.)

I hate going to places that sell coffee. When I have to, I simply order a black coffee to go. I don't like being asked would you like cream and sugar with that after I just said a black coffee to go please. Would you like whipped cream on top? No, just a black coffee to go please. Would you like a meal? No just a black coffee to go please. It's payback for all those times I ordered a fur-burger and a titty-cream shake to go at drive throughs.

I hate going to places that sell coffee. When I have to, I simply order a black coffee to go. I don't like being asked would you like cream and sugar with that after I just said a black coffee to go please. Would you like whipped cream on top? No, just a black coffee to go please. Would you like a meal? No just a black coffee to go please. It's payback for all those times I ordered a fur-burger and a titty-cream shake to go at drive throughs.

Easy fix: "large drip, no space"

done...

I order coffee black. Every time they say, "no sugar?" as if it's incredulous someone would like the taste of coffee.

Some places require their cashier's to make a certain amount of offered upsale items per order, where I worked as a teen it was 2 items. Every.....single.....order. No matter how big or small. Some people really got pissed off and took it out on us. Just doing our job.

I had to drink decaf coffee for a month a few years back because I was on my way to an ulcer and needed to reduce my acid levels. That fucking sucked.

I can't have caffeine anymore. I still drink pretend coffee. The first week I quit caffeine I thought I was going to die.

Some places require their cashier's to make a certain amount of offered upsale items per order, where I worked as a teen it was 2 items. Every.....single.....order. No matter how big or small. Some people really got pissed off and took it out on us. Just doing our job.
I'm going to remember this and the next time I going ask if they have upscale and if they say yes I'm going to ask for the manager just to waste their time.

I think that's pretty common in restaurants and retail, like how every department store asks if you have/want their credit card and/or rewards program.

I think that's pretty common in restaurants and retail, like how every department store asks if you have/want their credit card and/or rewards program.

That's how sales works, period. Whether you're getting paid on commission or not, everyone's job is to sell, and then to upsell.

Back