Mayer out, Bonamassa in

I enjoy his work with Beth Hart. As a player in a band JB is great because he knows how to check his ego and let the singer stand out. I feel the same way about Satriani—his solo work bores me, but I enjoy his playing in Chickenfoot.

I agree about him (and Satriani) being really good in the band context. I may be in the minority, but I like Joe. I think he got stuck with the stigma of being another SRV wannabe when he was starting out. He was just a kid back then, and has done a lot of different projects since; Black Country Communion and Beth Hart to name a few. For yet another side of Joe, check this out.

I always kinda liked Bonamassa's early sound playing strats better than his later sound. But then his later sound and playing just did not interest me all that much for some reason. *shrugs* Will be interested in the eventual truth or lack thereof of the internet rumors. But will not really make me care one way or the other about Fender (or Gibson). Whether he or Mayer are sig players just does not matter much to me.

I agree about him (and Satriani) being really good in the band context. I may be in the minority, but I like Joe. I think he got stuck with the stigma of being another SRV wannabe when he was starting out. He was just a kid back then, and has done a lot of different projects since; Black Country Communion and Beth Hart to name a few. For yet another side of Joe, check this out.

I actually think that was worse than his regular music. I'd rather listen to Galactic.

Back