Mayer out, Bonamassa in

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Screen Shot 2014-10-15 at 8.51.55 PM.png

The TGP thread is kinda funny: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1492644

The article referred to just says that he’s just taking Fender amps on his next tour. Nothing about switching to Fender guitars. But this might mean that his Marshall deal is over.

First time I saw Joe live, he was primarily playing Strats and Chandlers. I guess that was before he got endorsement deals.

First time I saw Joe live, he was primarily playing Strats and Chandlers. I guess that was before he got endorsement deals.
I think he started playing whatever he wanted as soon as he could afford to buy whatever he wanted. The internet rumor mill is still very entertaining though.
He ain't dropping the lP's anytime soon though.

I would doubt that he would get involved in a deal that would keep him from playing Gibson at all.

The article referred to just says that he’s just taking Fender amps on his next tour. Nothing about switching to Fender guitars. But this might mean that his Marshall deal is over.
I didn't know he had a Marshal deal. I've seen him live twice and he had a silver jubilee, and about 5 other boutique amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a very good player that plays absolutely nothing that I give a shit about. Like most guitar players that "are" the band.

I enjoy his work with Beth Hart. As a player in a band JB is great because he knows how to check his ego and let the singer stand out. I feel the same way about Satriani—his solo work bores me, but I enjoy his playing in Chickenfoot.

I didn't want to like him. He seems to be the poster boy of overly gear-oriented, unending quest-for-tone guys.

But somebody put up a video of him talking about his gear and he came across as a self-deprecating guy. He knows he's a gear geek. He's not cocky about it. It's just what he's into.

From what actual playing I've heard, he's tasteful and seems to get great sounds.

I have heard a few of his solos that were jaw dropping good. And I agree with the Eric Johnson statement. His tone and playing are really Johnsonish.....not that it is a bad thing.

Back