Maybe someone should host a Suckstock

I assure you, steak, I felt the same way as you. And I know I sucked while I was there. I cant improv worth shit, and I didnt know most of what they played. Nobody seemed to notice and everyone is too cool to say it if they did. Its a good time. Honestly, I count Weiners as friends (First person to sig that is gonna get a bag of doggie doo on their porch :embarrassed: ) and it wasnt any different at Greg's house than it is here. I dont feel uncomfortable or self-conscious here on the forum everyday,and I didnt feel uncomfortable or self-conscious there.(well, ok, a little self conscious playing everyone's really beautiful guitars like crap but no big thing).

The ONLY thing at P-stock that actually surprised me was EXACTLY how much like themselves everyone is in person. Seriously.... I expected it to be a little weird at first. It isnt. It's exactly like here, just without the smilies.

need my address? :grin:

I always find it a little uncomfortable playing in those kinds of situations, too. That's why I'd like to play host, sometime; I'd really enjoy cooking for everyone, getting everyone drunk, etc., and then pounding out a number or two when I feel like it. :grin:

I really hope to meet the Doc someday. If it's not on the US side, i'll be needing to update the ol' passport though.

I'd love to make it to Pragestock some day, though I don't see it happening.
I wouldn't give a rat's ass that everyone can outplay me.
I'd just Kerry King over the top of it all.

hey, if Micwalt can use Hammet as a verb...:wink:

I always find it a little uncomfortable playing in those kinds of situations, too. That's why I'd like to play host, sometime; I'd really enjoy cooking for everyone, getting everyone drunk, etc., and then pounding out a number or two when I feel like it. :grin:

I feel dumb and poor enough when you post. Sheesh!

Sent from my Samsung Epic 4G via Tapatalk.

The thing is about guitar playing is that it is so versatile. Yeah, some one could nail a cover song note for note. Yet have them play flamenco style. Have the flamenco player play jazz and they would suck compared to a jazz player, to a blues player, to a flatpicker, to a classical player.

I suck at taking leads on a I V VII progression, but I think my strength is in my right hand more then my left. I can't shred, but finger picking comes naturally to me. I play live and even strum with the backs if my nails as opposed to a pick.

So yeah, technically speaking we all suck at guitar, but we're all pretty good from our own perspective of it.

And for the record, whoever thought of Pragefest was more interested in getting together for the real life laughs and fun then for a guitar camp setting. So don't use suck as an excuse not to go. If your not up to playing then don't. But I'm willing to bet that I'd you show up you'll eventually play anyway because that's the way we Weiners roll.

Well, I have no shame, and am proud of my hacking guitar ways... I would definitely attend, would have no fear of playing, and I would bring sugar cane stocks for everyone to suck on, as well! It would be sweet!

Back