maybe my best pizza yet

Discussion in 'Food and Drink' started by Help!I'maRock!, May 1, 2012.

May 1, 2012
  1. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

[​IMG]

it has mushroom, onions, and peppers; but they're underneath the cheese.

the reason it's the best so far is because i brushed some olive oil around the edge and the crust isn't dry like earlier incarnations.
  2. May 1, 2012
  3. Denverdave Resident Ragamuffin

Looks quite good! What are you using for a sauce, or do you even use a sauce?
  4. May 1, 2012
  5. OGG Master of the Meh

Wow!

That looks fantastic!
  6. May 1, 2012
  7. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

i'm using one of the sauces from Trader Joe's. i probably only use half a jar, so buy the one my wife likes best and we can use it for pasta. i'm considering making my own sauce very soon though.
  8. May 1, 2012
  9. Peeker jerkass

no meat?
    looks good though
  10. May 1, 2012
  11. Peeker jerkass

oh, and pickup ring is crooked :p
  12. May 1, 2012
  13. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

never. i eat enough meat as it is. no need for it on pizza.
  14. May 1, 2012
  15. Peeker jerkass

gotcha

pizza is where I eat 90% of my meat, so it's gotta have it, for me
  16. May 1, 2012
  17. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

kinky.
  18. May 1, 2012
  19. tgk03 Ain't it crazy?

Looks good! Did you make the dough? I've bought pre-made dough at Trader Joe's that's pretty good.
  20. May 1, 2012
  21. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

yeah, i made the dough. it's really easy. you just need to have the time for it to rise. not always easy on a weeknight.
  22. May 1, 2012
  23. Peeker jerkass

I have video, but you need a credit card
  24. May 2, 2012
  25. pw5470 n00b

I make my own as well and I get the low fat marinara from Trader Joes and it is great. Cones in a big can. It is just crushed tomatoes, a little salt, and basil.

I brush the crusts as well with some olive oil and either sprinkle some sea salt or parm cheese on it as well.
  26. May 2, 2012
  27. Kerouac weird musical dildo

28. May 2, 2012
  29. parrotheada1a Resident Pitmaster

Oh man that is some fine looking pizza! I use TJ's marinara too. Great stuff as a base. For pizza sauce, I add 4 Tbsp of TJ's extra virgin oil, plus 3 Tbsp of chopped fresh garlic, 2 Tbsp of sugar plus a Tbsp of oregano per can. I let it sit for at least 2 hrs if possible. This is provided I can't get fresh ripe local tomatoes.
  30. May 7, 2012
  31. jbj n00b

How do you make your dough? I would like to try this.
  32. May 7, 2012
  33. parrotheada1a Resident Pitmaster

Making dough isn't hard at all. What you do with it after you first put it all together is where the magic happens. If you are really into good pizza, go here. http://www.pizzamaking.com/index.html Head for the forums and just get stoked on all the variety.
  34. May 7, 2012
  35. pw5470 n00b

Best pizza forum out there...I have spent so many hours there and got some great recipes. People there know their shit when it comes to making dough.