Maybe I should stay off facebook for the rest of the night.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Especially after Bourbon Tuesday kicks in around 10pm tonight :embarrassed:

Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 7.06.13 PM.png

What's an orangutan?

I know the obvious is to google it,avoid the drama and backlash...

What's an orangutan???

I just watched "Metallica Through The Never" on facebook, and I know i don't know much about drumming, but Lars seemed pretty bloody awful to me.

Reactions: Tig
"I suck at the drums, so it's terrifying... Just trying to keep it together. I see a lot of comments on Twitter and stuff about how ugly I am, how bad I am at the drums, how awkward I look, and I'm like, yeah, I agree with most of those things." -Patrick Carney
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/the-black-keys--3/61254#vCdbEldF7YSKlSzy.99
You know what, I don't care about any of that except for the fact that if you're making a living doing something actually WORK at it enough to not suck.

If you were sober enough to spell "orangutan" correctly, I doubt that was the bourbon talking.

I'm still at work. Bourbon happens in 104 minutes.

I don’t understand why he can’t just use a click track like nearly every other big drummer does when they play live. He’d sound fine if he just kept time. But his timekeeping is so sloppy it doesn’t always sound like he’s playing the same song as Auerbach.

I don’t understand why he can’t just use a click track like nearly every other big drummer does when they play live. He’d sound fine if he just kept time. But his timekeeping is so sloppy it doesn’t always sound like he’s playing the same song as Auerbach.
I don't think he's capable of playing time with a click.

If he couldn’t play to a click the studio recordings would be just as awful. Unless it’s just stage fright.

So what's up with this, why is he a drummer if even he thinks he is lousy at it? Does he contribute something else to the band, like songwriting, spiritual guidance, whatever?

Back