Mashed taters

How do you like 'em?

• Total voters

DFB

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I do lumpy ,and skins in.
I am pretty burnt out on taters, Mom was from Ireland,so I had my fill. Mashed is the only way I like them now.

nice timing - I just made a giant batch of mashed potatoes last night

I generally make em fairly lumpy (over-mashing can make 'em gluey), but skinned. I like plenty of butter and some buttermilk in the mash as well.

I guess when I make them they are smashed potatoes. I use this,and never over smash.
31CNn2p7wML._SY400_.jpg

All of the above.

With bbq (and most other things, actually) I prefer "rustic" style, lumpy, some skin in is okay too.

With steak or say a big thanksgiving dinner, I like creamy. Mashed with a ricer and then LOTS of butter added.

As an American of Irish descent, may I just say, for the record, that is almost impossible to screw up a potato.

So mash 'em however you like them, says I!

Shred them.
Fry them.
Bake them.
Broil them.
Boil them.
Cut them.
Mash them.
Shred them.

Don't see how you can lose, really. It's like the poor man's wonder-food. :)

All of the above.

With bbq (and most other things, actually) I prefer "rustic" style, lumpy, some skin in is okay too.

With steak or say a big thanksgiving dinner, I like creamy. Mashed with a ricer and then LOTS of butter added.
A ricer us a great way to make them, maybe the best way. I just got away from that style.

I need peas with them too.

hear hear! wrap it in foil and you're just steaming it; bleh.
yeah but what if yer out camping, How you suppossed to do it other than wrap in foil and set on the edge of coals...I mean you get those hard overdone spots and sometimes the foil burns through to make a crusty tater but damn that's a good tater when it's all said and done.

It isn't about lumps or no lumps, it's about how you cook 'em. Boiling them in water is incorrect technique.

Back