Marvel TV universe

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I haven't watched any of the shows yet, and was wondering what order to watch what shows and what seasons in?

Do they all tie together, like what Green Arrow/Flash/Supergirl do in the DC TV universe? If they do, I want to try to watch them in order as much as possible. Do the ABC series tie in with the Netflix shows? Or are they separate timelines?

I've done a pretty good job of watching the DC TV seasons in order, besides Gotham. That one doesn't tie in to the other ones, does it?

As long as Netflix has them on disc-in-mail, anyways :embarrassed:

That would only be Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD, AFAIK, if you aren't willing to pay for Netflix streaming.

I already get discs in the mail, because there is a much greater selection of discs than there are shows on streaming. Though streaming has gotten way better in the last few years. Not sure I wanna pay for streaming too, though :embarrassed:

That's fine, I don't care. But I can't offer you any hardcopy alternative to Netflix's streaming series. Unless you're willing to pay for a season via iTunes. But that would cost significantly more than paying Netflix for streaming.

Netflix does have some of the streaming only shows on the disc site. But it's a 'save for later' tab instead of 'add disc to queue' tab. I wonder if they are planning to release them on disc at some future point?

The Netflix shows are all one timeline set in the aftermath of the first Avengers film. Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD obviously connect to the first Avengers film, but Marvel doesn’t really comment on any connection. Legion has nothing to do with any of the other Marvel shows because it’s a Fox production and Fox owns the film rights for all the X-Men stuff in perpetuity.

My guess is that Marvel doesn’t connect the shows because it keeps TV censorship busybodies at bay. Nobody wants to waste time and money on PR cleanup if Luke Cage guests on Agent Carter and then some kid in Kansas gets caught watching interracial sex and lipstick lesbians on Jessica Jones.

Netflix does have some of the streaming only shows on the disc site. But it's a 'save for later' tab instead of 'add disc to queue' tab. I wonder if they are planning to release them on disc at some future point?

Sony releases their Netflix shows on DVD and other streaming services after two or three years. So it’s possible that Marvel Studios could do the same. But Disney and Netflix have a huge streaming deal, so I wouldn’t expect them any time soon.

The Netflix shows are all one timeline set in the aftermath of the first Avengers film. Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD obviously connect to the first Avengers film, but Marvel doesn’t really comment on any connection. Legion has nothing to do with any of the other Marvel shows because it’s a Fox production and Fox owns the film rights for all the X-Men stuff in perpetuity.

My guess is that Marvel doesn’t connect the shows because it keeps TV censorship busybodies at bay. Nobody wants to waste time and money on PR cleanup if Luke Cage guests on Agent Carter and then some kid in Kansas gets caught watching interracial sex and lipstick lesbians on Jessica Jones.

I think it has more to do with some of the shows being Netflix and some ABC. That and the whole Agent Carter was canceled and set in the 40s not present day. All of the Netflix Marvel series are connected. Claire appears on Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. I haven't finished Iron Fist yet, but wouldn't be surprised if she is there too. Luke Cage is all over Jessica Jones. Jeri Hogarth is on JJ and Iron Fist and eventually they all meet up for the Defenders. So they are pretty connected.

I'm interested in this thread a bit as well. I've never really been into the graphic novel thing but the few that I have seen, I've liked. So like the op's original question...
Is there a particular series that should be watched first and in what order should the various series be viewed?

I'm interested in this thread a bit as well. I've never really been into the graphic novel thing but the few that I have seen, I've liked. So like the op's original question...
Is there a particular series that should be watched first and in what order should the various series be viewed?

I don't think you'll miss anything if you don't watch them in order. The order was:

Daredevil season 1
Jessica Jones
Daredevil season 2
Luke Cage
Iron Fist

Daredevil's two seasons & Jessica Jones are must-watch. Luke Cage is good. Iron Fist is mediocre compared to the others, but isn't bad.

Daredevil's two seasons & Jessica Jones are must-watch. Luke Cage is good. Iron Fist is mediocre compared to the others, but isn't bad.

I like Jessica Jones the least of them. I thought the guy playing the villain was good, but that was about it. I also couldn't believe it took the entire season before someone put in earbuds :grin:

I watched the first episode of Jessica Jones last night. I liked it enough to continue.
Also noticed that Luke Cage was the bartender that she boinked.

Back