Martin HD 28

otis66

Multimeh
I got my Martin HD 28 a few months ago. She plays and sounds great. It's time for another trip to the Martin factory.

Sweet guitar! The D-28 is my favorite Martin model and from what I understand the HD-28 is something of an upgrade from that....

Sweet guitar! The D-28 is my favorite Martin model and from what I understand the HD-28 is something of an upgrade from that....
It is my dream guitar, though my current Martin is close enough to make me not lust for one quite so much. The rosewood/spruce dreadnought Martin sound is my favorite acoustic sound. Finding a good HD-28 that has been broken in well would be a good thing some day. Congrats on yours!

One of the guys at the local music store was setting up a Martin 12 string and then played it. The sound was indescribable. It kind of caused synesthesia, it was like the air was full of golden dust when it was strummed. It sounded that good.

HNGD!

Are you local to Nazareth? I haven't been over by the factory for eons
The last time I was at the Martin factory they were buikding the D-100. I got to see just the body rolling around to diff stations. I also got Chris Martin IV to sign my book "Martin a History" by Mike Longworth in 2000. I 've been using the "Sound Hole" for Chrismas ornaments. I got six sound hole so far. I live about 50 min from the Martin factory. I love my new Martin. guitar.

Last edited:
I'm about an hour and change south of there......I could make a point to swing over to Easton and hit Weyerbacher too.

They make a nice guitar. I'd like to make it up to Nazereth someday.
Here's my D28 Stnd, bought it new in 1985.
a5551868-d022-4af5-9eda-52d94565f533_zps0b6c39a7.jpg

Back