Hot or Not? Marshall To Release a 15 watt DSL?

Goldtop11

Mojo & Blues
So, many of you may already know about this, (apparently it's been rumored for awhile) but Marshall is apparently planning on discontinuing it's current Haze line and replacing it with a DSL15 line. Here's a pic I found on a Marshall forum. They're apparently test marketing the amps in Asia and the picture is from someone over there. What do you guys think?
marshall 03.jpg

I don't really know much a about modern Marshalls. That would be a good wattage though for a lot of folks.

Would be perfect for me. Especially with a half power switch. I am only playing small stages now and only using an amp for monitoring purposes.

Would be perfect for me. Especially with a half power switch. I am only playing small stages now and only using an amp for monitoring purposes.
Yep, I think Marshall has really nailed a sweet spot with this amp. Hopefully it deliver's sound wise though.
Idk too many guys that would pass up a 15 watt DSL that they could toss in their car on the way to a gig. Totally_jammin_out

I had a 50 watt DSL about 10 years ago. The only gripe I had with it was the same gripe I have with most channel switching amps, a shared EQ. You could get the clean channel to sound really good at the cost of the drive channel or the drive channel good at the cost of the clean channel. I couldn't get both channels to sound how I wanted them at the same time.

I wouldn't mind doing the beta testing for it! LOL Actually I just played their little 5w head and loved it. Would I use it as a main amp? No. A recording amp for a track or two? Sure. I was actually thinking of driving my Heil talk box with it. It might rattle my fillings out, even at just 5 watts.

I think I saw its a 12 but don't know what kind.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, it's supposed to be a 12". It'll be a Celestion (that's all Marshall uses) but idk what kind. I'm going to guess it'll be one "custom voiced" for the amp. That's generally what they do for non-UK models.

Eh, now that I look at it, that doesn't look like a 12". And it looks like a Celestion Rocket speaker. :-\
marshall 04.jpg

Hmmm. I could swear I read it was a 12 somewhere today.

Yeah, I mean, I think you're right, because I remember reading about it being a 12" also. It just doesn't look like a 12" from that picture, lol.

Maybe it's just because that magnet looks really small in the back. idn_smilie

Yeah, I mean, I think you're right, because I remember reading about it being a 12" also. It just doesn't look like a 12" from that picture, lol.

Maybe it's just because that magnet looks really small in the back. idn_smilie

I agree, it does look small. TWSS

Back