Help! Marshall gas

Virtual Pariah

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I've always had a weakness for Marshall amps as a brand and the new handwired Bluesbreaker and 18watt are sending my gas to 11.

Can somebody talk me out of dropping the coin on one of these?
I'm trying to tell myself I don't need it, but, these are really getting under my skin.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have a handwired 18watt marshall and extension cab for sale.

pa4yba4y.jpg

They're great for a dial in a sound then boost it for solos. Plenty loud enough to gig with and just the right amount of dirt in the clean to sit great in a mix. I can find some video if you need to hear it.

It'll never stay clean and are way too loud.

Have you taken delivery yet?

Not yet.

I'm accepting a new job this week and this may be my present to me.
If I do it's I'll use the AMS payment option. That 18watt is really calling me. I've got a JCM 900 that I've had since 89-90? but it too much for my lifestyle now.

I know that it's the wrong place to ask.
I just have a weakness for Marshalls and if the new ones were real dogs, I'd rather avoid the problems.

I know that it's the wrong place to ask.
I just have a weakness for Marshalls and if the new ones were real dogs, I'd rather avoid the problems.

I've never had a moments trouble with mine. The first year had transformer issues but that's been resolved for years.

What kind of tone are you expecting? It's kind of like a beano era tone. Very touch sensitive but it's more about mids with this amp. If you're looking for big bottom palm mutes, it's not there. It's a great rock and roll amp.

It's exactly that beano era tone I'm looking for.

Mids and high end is what I want. Just enough headroom to go clean unless I choose to pick harder, then I want warm breakup. Real dynamics where your guitar volume matters.
If I can get a sparkling clean, that's a bonus, but I expect to have to use a Fender amp or clone to get that.

Hope I'd describing the tone correctly. I can hear it, but it's hard to express.

Best song I can use as an example is "Stepping Out". That pretty much nails it from the mids/treble side.

Last edited:
Well then this amp is probably a good fit for you. Just remember that there aren't going to be blackface tones in there. Here's a quick video. I imagine that I had the amp on 4 or 5.

I still have Marshall gas even after returning the DSL 15. I am thinking about one of those 1 watters they have.

Back