Mark's Music School Diary.

I'm really enjoying how my music department advisor keeps giving me bad information. My newest thing is that I have to do private lessons over the summer to get the requisite amount of applied music credit or I don't graduate on time. I'm happy that I get more lessons but it would be nice if I just got the correct info.

Hot tip of the week from my private teacher: superimpose an altered dominant scale based on the major 3rd of the I chord over the V in a resolving ii-V progression. in C major play E altered dominant (or F melodic minor) over the G7.

:ewh:

Ok. this week was more of the same. Gearing up for my first music history test on Tuesday (which will be a massive amount of prep) and a form and analysis test on Thursday. I'm actually able to practice guitar a decent amount. Yesterday we spent some time in my lesson discussing ways to play over a static chord (such as D Minor) more interesting by superimposing other sounds over it and then resolving to the D minor sound. A few things to outline over the D minor before you get back to the D minor "home" sound:

F minor 7 to Bb7

E minor7b5 A7b9

G minor 7 to c7

F#m7 B7 Em7 A7b6

Essentially play things that have their own structure but are not specific to the sound you are playing over and then resolve.

Currently ruling at Freshman Biology 101. :embarrassed:

D34E039D-828D-4857-9059-BCA226F4A7D7.jpeg

Maybe @Tiltsta can get me a lab job so that I can move to a cool country like he did :tongue:

Freshman biology pro tips:

Most freshmen at 70% water, 10% fear, and 20% Natty Ice

Freshman have no innate fear of their only natural predator—life

Freshmen will NOT grow a new leg if one of theirs breaks off during a scuffle
Good to know. For some reason I thought they had the ability to regenerate limbs lost in Sportsball rumbles with other universities.

Congrats on the grade. I told you a long time ago that college will be easy after decades of adulting.
Thanks! Honestly it’s only the first major test, homework ad some extra credit to this point. It just cracked me up that I have a class ranking of 1/61.

School itself isn’t that hard. It’s spending the appropriate amount of time on everything and balancing real life a the same time that’s the bitch.

Back