March songwriting thread

Yup. I only offered the dark chocolate idea because I didn't know if it was a coffee specific sort of thing.
It's not a bad idea for someone weaning themselves off caffeine for good.
When I quit smoking I had previously unsuccessfully tried with the Nicorette gum. Later when I re-tried, I used the patch. I still had gum leftover from before. Even with the patch, cravings can be difficult. So I would have just a half piece of gum to take the edge off. Eventually I stepped down the patch and no longer needed the gum. Smoke free 10 years now.

I've enlisted @Kerouac to help me produce/mix my March submission. I'm mostly done with the writing/arranging/tracking phase. Needs some minor tweaks here and there that I'm going to work on for the next few days. Then I'm handing it off to him next week to make it sound like real music.

Mega stoked!

I've enlisted @Kerouac to help me produce/mix my March submission. I'm mostly done with the writing/arranging/tracking phase. Needs some minor tweaks here and there that I'm going to work on for the next few days. Then I'm handing it off to him next week to make it sound like real music.

Mega stoked!
Andy does good work; he helped me out on my Ghosts of Forests Past CD.

I'm hoping I make some good headway in the next couple weeks, this is turning out to be more technically involved then I expected. We'll see...

well, I've got something...this is definitely a departure into a more EDM like structure....it has been an interesting exercise...I was planning to do full lyrics but it just wasn't coming together as I had hoped, so more of an instrumental

I may record a demo. I've got some ideas, but nothing solid. All my music time is proper album recording session stuff at the moment.

Eh, I'm out. I just now received a bass track, I've been learning songs for an audition, and I'm going on vacation.
Maybe next month.

I've got my song written, but our giving schedule just exploded--a few new gigs that are a good bit out of our comfort zone and will need some rehearsal. I don't think I'll get it done.

The last day to submit the songs will be Friday night. Since 'reveal' day is a Saturday I think I'll wait until Monday the 3rd to do the actual reveal. Unfortunately I just lost my studio room temporarily so even if I had something record (and I don't) I would be out this month.

Speaking of which.....

Can someone else host the April songwriting thread? I am getting ready for a wedding on April 28th and leaving for my honeymoon on May 1st so I will be off line a lot.

The last day to submit the songs will be Friday night. Since 'reveal' day is a Saturday I think I'll wait until Monday the 3rd to do the actual reveal. Unfortunately I just lost my studio room temporarily so even if I had something record (and I don't) I would be out this month.

Speaking of which.....

Can someone else host the April songwriting thread? I am getting ready for a wedding on April 28th and leaving for my honeymoon on May 1st so I will be off line a lot.
I can take over for April, homie.

Back