March songwriting thread

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
Moving on ahead to March already.

Lots of great songs contributed so far and looking forward to what we will see in March.

I just got a few new CDs so I am getting inspired to try to record something this month. I'm also really busy working on a certification for work and getting ready for a wedding in less than two months, so I'm not sure I will have the time for a full blown recording if I do get anything finished - but I need to try.

I have an idea or two floating around and will probably have an entry. I have written three CDs worth of music in the past 18 months and don't know what will happen when this current CD is done. I have a couple of video projects I'm starting to get to and may cut back on the writing after I get my last 3 songs for the new disc.

I do have something new in the works, but I'm collaborating long distance, and I'll be gone for 10 days or so, so I'm not sure if it'll get done this month.

I wrote No Coffee Hot Water Blues

It's silly but I like it enough for what it is.

I wrote No Coffee Hot Water Blues

It's silly but I like it enough for what it is.
I wrote a little blues song called The Caffeine Blues a number of years ago and would play it at coffee shops. Fun song, but I don't think I ever recorded it.

Yep; caffeine is an addictive, mood-altering drug with a withdrawal syndrome. :embarrassed:

I'm not a huge caffeine junkie so the headaches/fatigue are relatively minor, but yeah. It's real. This just means I either need to quit caffeine completely or start back up next week and never stop again. This is just a one week caffeine fast.

I'm not a huge caffeine junkie so the headaches/fatigue are relatively minor, but yeah. It's real. This just means I either need to quit caffeine completely or start back up next week and never stop again. This is just a one week caffeine fast.
Generally you feel better by the 4th day or so; it is those first few days that kill you.

Coffee is the one vice (?) that I will not give up
As with many things, in moderation, caffeine is not bad. Now we have boosted the caffeine level in coffee, energy drinks, and other things, not to mention powdered caffeine, which can be deadly.

Alright! I just finished writing a new tune; I should get it recorded early next week and sent off to Sonik. I have some studio ideas for this one, I just have to see if I can pull them off. 8)

Dark chocolate has just enough caffeine to take the edge off

Back