Man's guide to cooking steak.

Try a miso glaze, I'm tellin' ya. The recipe is out there, but use red miso. You don't have to do the marinade, just glaze hot off the grill (coals, not propane:eek:) and let it melt while the steak rests.

I think I'm done with "____ like this or your a queer" rules (apostrophe error intended). Good steak is good prepared properly, cheap steak is good when prepared properly, broccoli is good when prepared properly, and soy is good when prepared properly. The only unmanly thing you can do with steak is eat so much of it that you impair your ability to serve your family and community.

Those are good tips for preparing a steak in a certain way, but the tone is pitched to appeal to men who already feel as though their masculinity is threatened.

I dunno man, a steak prepared as presented leaves little to be desired. I mean if you want something else, make something else, but there's no need to tart up a good hunk of meat with sauces and seasonings. Save that for your tilapia and chicken wings :embarrassed:

I'm not consistent in my steak-grilling, and by reading that guide, I learned a few things, thanks for posting it. Always room for improvement. Never had any complaints from the family though, and no, we don't do steak sauce!

And I'm really hungry for a steak now.

As one who knows what a great steak can taste like, their list is about 75% accurate. The idea that choice grade beef isn't all that good is innaccurate. Compared with genuine prime beef, perhaps. Consider that all but about 15% of prime beef goes to high end restaurants. The other 15 % makes it's way into high end butcher shops. The main reason most beef cuts carried in supermarkets today are only choice grade or select is because consumers generally prefer leaner meats... usually because of health concerns.

Back