Mandolin picking technique: ridiculous

I'm working on the Evan Marshall pieces in the OP. I think it'll take at least a couple of months to get it down clean, but I think it'd be worth it.

It was the same way with pami and piami fingerstyle tremolo.

I have been doing PIMA for years, in fact I started playing that way so it is natural. Flatpicking isn't natural and has been a battle. It is what happens when you play multiple styles and trying to be competent in all. Growth slows because dedication, concentration and focus is not stuck to the same style.

I have been messing with the large sized Mando plectrums - also very different.

I meant tremolo specifically.

Anyway, I've been working on the Evan Marshall pieces, and I'm finding that his LH technique is even better than his RH. Monster.

Agreed on the monster. When I studied Classical I learned how tremolo with i-m-a. Got decent at it but like anything, if you don't keep it going it gets lost. Playing bass helps especially if you need to play a gallop rhythm. While not even in spacing time wise, the technique is the same.

Agreed on the monster. When I studied Classical I learned how tremolo with i-m-a. Got decent at it but like anything, if you don't keep it going it gets lost. Playing bass helps especially if you need to play a gallop rhythm. While not even in spacing time wise, the technique is the same.

Oh, man. That's backwards. It'd screw you if you tried to do flamenco tremolo.

Back