Malort

I'm still formulating a carefully considered opinion. (and lording, always lording). I'm liking it for sipping, but it lacks depth or something, that makes say, a good islay scotch good for sipping. still haven't experimented with cocktails; I'm hoping that's where malort will shine

I'm still formulating a carefully considered opinion. (and lording, always lording). I'm liking it for sipping, but it lacks depth or something, that makes say, a good islay scotch good for sipping. still haven't experimented with cocktails; I'm hoping that's where malort will shine

You some kind of a malortician? *spits*

It's like grapefruit liqueur. I'm not getting anything disgusting from it whatsoever. Do all these Malort haters even drink booze?

I drink bourbon and Scotch. I can't handle Malort.

What's something you would consider "challenging" that you enjoy?

I briefly considered buying a bottle of Ardbeg because I want more Laphroaig, only MOAR, but anything more than $25 will always be expensive to me, so I dint.

Now think it tastes vaguely spearminty but mostly grapefruitish. Probably what jager would taste like without all the sweetness.

One thing I noticed: "It's bitter taste is savored by two-fisted drinkers." cop0

Last edited:
Now think it tastes vaguely spearminty but mostly grapefruitish. Probably what jager would taste like without all the sweetness.

One thing I noticed: "It's bitter taste is savored by two-fisted drinkers." cop0
Just got a text from my wheelhouse:
WTF? Where are you? Malort is here.

Definitely vaguely herbal-y + grapefruit, that seems very apt. I think what I find disappointing is the smell - it kinda only smells like ethanol, and with the flavor I think my brain wants it to smell like a citrus-hoppy IPA.

You got trader joes that sell liquor around you? I got some cheap clearly very young Islay called 'Islay Storm' from TJ's that's sort of Laphroiag but more. It's one of those independent bottling deals; people on the intarwebs seem to think it's either a young Lagavulin or Ardbeg. I think it was <$20. Not amazing or anything, but good for the price if you're looking for oily peatyness.

Just got a text from my wheelhouse:
WTF? Where are you? Malort is here.

Are you drinking and boating, young man?

Definitely vaguely herbal-y + grapefruit, that seems very apt. I think what I find disappointing is the smell - it kinda only smells like ethanol, and with the flavor I think my brain wants it to smell like a citrus-hoppy IPA.

You got trader joes that sell liquor around you? I got some cheap clearly very young Islay called 'Islay Storm' from TJ's that's sort of Laphroiag but more. It's one of those independent bottling deals; people on the intarwebs seem to think it's either a young Lagavulin or Ardbeg. I think it was <$20. Not amazing or anything, but good for the price if you're looking for oily peatyness.

Far out, I'll be havin' that.

Malort won't be winning any smellin' contests, for sure. Still diggin' it.

A cupcake is not the first thing that comes to mind as a good vehicle for malort, but I might like it..

Since starting this thread, I've gone through 2 bottles. I think I've formed an association in my head that malort is a winter thing for some reason, and the weather has been so mild lately, I haven't really craved it recently.

Back