Malkin Smokes Williams

tompetty

Sporting a hammer...
Hockey...Pens vs Kings...

Not exactly smokes but puts him on his arse...

I have no idea why management,and especially Mario Lemieux,hasn't brought in a tough guy to protect his stars...

Where's Bob Probert or Marty McSorley when you need them???

I've read the book,'Tough Guy"..It's not a bad sports read.....

I don't understand..............

I just watched the video.

Surely you're not complaining that Justin Williams was picking on Evengi Malkin?

Malkin is 6'3" for fuck's sake. He can take care of himself.

I'd take that 5 minute trade-off in the box any day.

There is no room for an absolute goon in the game anymore.

Your comment pretty much sums up my disgust for the modern-day Pittsburgh Penguins franchise.

Perhaps if you captain wasn't known around the entire league as a diving, whining bitch-ass punk who likes to start shit but not finish it, you'd get a little more empathy for your position.

Interesting read right here for you:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...key-fans-hate-the-pittsburgh-penguins-captain

I have no issue with Malkin, though IMO, that was a pretty dumb penalty to take. 5 mins in the box vs Justin Williams. Yep, I'd take that trade off any day.

Last edited:
I just watched the video.

Surely you're not complaining that Justin Williams was picking on Evengi Malkin?

Malkin is 6'3" for fuck's sake. He can take care of himself.

I'd take that 5 minute trade-off in the box any day.

There is no room for an absolute goon in the game anymore.

Your comment pretty much sums up my disgust for the modern-day Pittsburgh Penguins franchise.

Perhaps if you captain wasn't known around the entire league as a diving, whining bitch-ass punk who likes to start shit but not finish it, you'd get a little more empathy for your position.

Interesting read right here for you:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...key-fans-hate-the-pittsburgh-penguins-captain

I have no issue with Malkin, though IMO, that was a pretty dumb penalty to take. 5 mins in the box vs Justin Williams. Yep, I'd take that trade off any day.

Hmmm...Where to begin...

What does Malkin being 6'3 have to do with anything? I've known some pretty big dudes that couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag...

Crosby is not known around the league as a punk. He's known around the league as the best player in the world and I've heard many players from other teams say that. Does he whine? Yup...That's his job-He`s the captain....

Was he diving all those times when he missed all those games do to being roughed over?

Cuncussion? Dive again??

Even Don Cherry,(The Godfather Of Hockey),changed his tune from thinking Sid was a diver..

And there is room for a goon,(one that could also score),like so many from the past...

What I was trying to say in my post is that if I owned that team and had a star\stars,who were the reason the team was selling out every night and putting dough in my pocket,I'd have someone protecting them.

(Copy And Post From Wiki)

"David John Semenko (born July 12, 1957 in Winnipeg, Manitoba) is a retired Canadian hockey player who played for the Edmonton Oilers, Hartford Whalers, and Toronto Maple Leafs of the NHL. A frequent fighter, he was known as Wayne Gretzky's bodyguard early in Gretzky's career in Edmonton, beginning in the WHA in 1978, until Semenko was traded to Hartford in January 1987. Semenko is considered by many to be one of the toughest players ever in the NHL .[citation needed] The protection offered by Semenko allowed Edmonton's stars, such as Gretzky, Jari Kurri, Mark Messier, and Paul Coffey more freedom on the ice, greatly helping the Oilers win Stanley Cups in 1984 and 1985

The game has changed since 1984.
The rules are different.
The players are different.
The refs call the game differently.
Personally, since I am not a Penguins fan, I would love to see Mario and co. pick up a few goons.

The difference between the old-time greats and Sidney Crosby, is that those guys played the game with integrity.

While I don't particularly want to spin this to being about Sid the Kid, I think his reputation around the league speaks for itself.

Cool for keeping things civil...

We agree to disagree and that's ok...

Have a good one...TGIF..

P.S. Which is your team?

Cool for keeping things civil...

We agree to disagree and that's ok...

Have a good one...TGIF..

P.S. Which is your team?

Flyers.
I know a thing or two about goons.
:wink:

But there is no room in the league for a true goon anymore. The last one (imo, George Parros) pretty much ended that run last season when he got knocked out and bonked his head on the ice and got carted off on a stretcher. With all the attention to concussions and cheap hits, the increased speed, size and skill of the current players in the NHL, there just is no room (nor need) to carry a true goon on the roster.

Ha ha....Ya,we can still agree to disagree on the protector\intimidator. But one that can score a few goals like Bob Probert could..

Flyers are my Dads fav too.

I still remember Dave Shoultz pounding the piss out of lanky Dale Rolfe,and every time he would smash him my Dad would holler,"hit him,hit him.hit him)
Shoulz even head butted the poor dude in the face...

I think I've seen that fight on youtube...

Back