Malinoski Guitars Ramrod #204 with One-Piece Spalted Maple Top

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://rebel-guitars.com/malinoski-guitars-ramrod-204-with-one-piece-spalted-maple-top/

Malinoski-Ramrod-Spalt1.jpg

This Malinoski Ramrod has an oiled Maple neck, African Mahogany headstock, Bolivian Rosewood fretboard, an oiled one-piece Spalted Maple top, African Mahogany body, Zebrano pickup rings and backplate and a TonePros wraparound bridge. Pickups are Malinoski Type4 HB humbuckers.

Malinoski-Ramrod-Spalt.jpg

MalinoskiRamrod-204-935.jpg

• Model: Ramrod
  • Body: Oiled One-Piece Spalted Maple & African Mahogany
  • Neck: Oiled Maple w/African Mahogany Headstock
  • Fretboard: Bolivian Rosewood
  • Radius: 12″
  • Nut Width: 1 11/16″
  • Neck Thickness: 7/8″ “Soft V”
  • Scale: 24 3/4
  • Frets: 24, Jescar 55090
  • Bridge: TonePros AVTII Adjustable Wraparound
  • Tuners: Hipshot Locking
  • Pickups: Malinoski Type4 HB
  • Electronics: Volume, Tone, 3-Way Toggle
  • Trussrod: Push-Pull Truss Rod & Carbon Fiber Rods
  • Finish: Natural
  • Hardware: Chrome
  • Case Included
  • Weight: 7lb 8oz
$2400.00 + Shipping

Probably about the most subdued thing you'll see from Pete.

I love Pete's work. The woodworker and "artist type" in me just goes nuts for it, plus Pete is an absolutely hysterical human being. Which I adore.

I usually don't care for guiars like this but the top just stopped me in my tracks. I was trying to figure out if there was a weird seam somewhere or if it was actually one piece of spalted wood.

I like it, but I don't love it, and I can't figure out why. Usually, I'm a sucker for natural wood grain. idn_smilie

It looks like the Schecter Avenger’s more mature older sister. I dig this one, but that headstock looks awfully fragile. One clumsy moment, it gets knocked over, and the tuning machines break through the wood.

It looks like the Schecter Avenger’s more mature older sister. I dig this one, but that headstock looks awfully fragile. One clumsy moment, it gets knocked over, and the tuning machines break through the wood.

Actually I'd be willing to bet Pete's headstocks are thicker and stronger than most. I've seen the cross section,they are a scarfed and multilam headstock with countersunk tuners.

Back