Making A Murderer

Just started watching this, obviously can't read this thread because I dont' want any spoilers. I'm 2 episodes in and what a shit show. I also can't stop comparing Avery to Ricky from Trailer Park Boys. Need to stop that since this is pretty heavy show.

still haven't read this thread. this show is really hard to watch. it's infuriating and soul crushing.

My wife and I watched an episode a night. One night we finished watching one and she asked if I wanted to watch another. I said I couldn't take another hour of outrage, I need the 23 hours to settle down.

I would like to know how biased the film makers are. Are judges in Wisconsin really that fucking stupid and biased? Avery's lawyers presented a solid case and beat up the prosecution at every step.

Dassey's first lawyer was clearly working against his client, judge doesn't care. Dassey's second set of attorneys had a few mis-steps and at at least one point you see them casually chatting with the prosecution team out in the hall way. Wtf is that??!!

And the appeals? Why are the appeals courts refusing to even hear the case? Especially after the slime bag Kratz (?) disgraces himself.

This documentary scares the hell out of me. And those two detectives who worked over that kid, how can that type of interrogation be condoned in the criminal justice system. I know it's a widely used method of extracting confessions and pressing suspects but holy shit does it seem illogical and immoral.

I find it interesting that this is such a "controversial" case. I live 2 hours away and I haven't heard anything about this guy since his conviction. Nobody was running around here yelling about how he was wrongfully convicted until this came out. The only question most people had was how come it took so long to get around to arresting him. I'm no great fan of law enforcement but I find it hard to believe that the Sheriff killed her, burned her body on Avery's land and then hid her car there. Come on, she went to Avery's property to take a photo of his sisters car for The Auto Trader, she was never seen alive again. I don't believe Avery's arguements the virtually every other member of is family had oppertunity and motive. Come on, he has several members of his family that want to see him in prision so bad that they would kill an innocent women just to frame him! I call bullshit. The guy spent enough time in prision that he learned how to "game" the system. They make it sound like he was just some innocent guy who was wrongfully convicted and just wanted to live his life in peace. This guy had some real "issues". He committed armed robbery, him and a buddy covered a cat in oil and threw it into a fire, he exposed himself to his cousin and then ran her off the road at gunpoint when she tried to flee. Looking at his backround it was only a matter of time before he killed someone. I haven't seen this series but it sounds like it was made by someone who set out to prove him innocent. I bet if someone else had made the series to prove him guilty we'd all be saying, "to bad Wisconsin doesn't have the death penalty."

I think you're missing the bigger point of the documentary. Whether Avery did it or not is irrelevant. the two prosecutions (Avery and Dassey) were conducted so poorly that they should have been thrown out. They were a farce on multiple levels.

Also, did anyone notice in the last episode: during a slow camera pan through Avery's empty trailer they show a bunch of empty plastic bottles. Those weren't bleach bottles, were they????

This "documentary" has been such a wonderful thing. The people who work places like the Manitowoc Chamber Of Commerce are just enjoying the hell out of the death threats they're getting. The bomb threats are a lot of laughs too.

This "documentary" has been such a wonderful thing. The people who work places like the Manitowoc Chamber Of Commerce are just enjoying the hell out of the death threats they're getting. The bomb threats are a lot of laughs too.

Have you watched it yet?

I hope he has some decent people handling him if and when he gets out.

Unfortunately, going by what we saw of the family on the show, anyone that thinks they can make a few quid off him will no doubt crawl out of the woodwork and try to take him under their wing.

Unfortunately, going by what we saw of the family on the show, anyone that thinks they can make a few quid off him will no doubt crawl out of the woodwork and try to take him under their wing.

Yeah that's what I mean. I hope there isn't a reality show on E! being planned.

anyone know what happened to the guys who interrogated him? At a minimum, they should not ever be allowed near a suspect again.

Back