Making A Murderer

I'm amazed that kid hasn't been formally diagnosed with something.

Although I wouldn't 100% say he's autistic, he definitely demonstrates a number of "symptoms" in the way he presents. As well as that, the total lack of emotion or real fear considering he's in this unbelievably testing situation to me suggests that there's a lot more going on there than just a kid with a low iq.

as an aside, I read up on those "what's missed out" articles. Surely if Avery had been accused of molesting the kid the cops would have hammered him then?

Nancy Grace has a special on related to all of this. She's doing her typical thing making mean faces into the camera and yelling.

She's only playing the parts that make Steven and Brendan look guilty. For example, she is playing the part when Brendan tells the story of what happened (the last time) but not any of the times when they were feeding Brendan the info.

Nancy Grace says "the two cold blooded killers are using Netflix to try to scam their way out of prison".

I watched the next to the last episode where they rendered the verdict for the kid because I'm a masochist.

All I could think of was, "All that good white privililege gone to waste."

I find it interesting that this is such a "controversial" case. I live 2 hours away and I haven't heard anything about this guy since his conviction. Nobody was running around here yelling about how he was wrongfully convicted until this came out. The only question most people had was how come it took so long to get around to arresting him. I'm no great fan of law enforcement but I find it hard to believe that the Sheriff killed her, burned her body on Avery's land and then hid her car there. Come on, she went to Avery's property to take a photo of his sisters car for The Auto Trader, she was never seen alive again. I don't believe Avery's arguements the virtually every other member of is family had oppertunity and motive. Come on, he has several members of his family that want to see him in prision so bad that they would kill an innocent women just to frame him! I call bullshit. The guy spent enough time in prision that he learned how to "game" the system. They make it sound like he was just some innocent guy who was wrongfully convicted and just wanted to live his life in peace. This guy had some real "issues". He committed armed robbery, him and a buddy covered a cat in oil and threw it into a fire, he exposed himself to his cousin and then ran her off the road at gunpoint when she tried to flee. Looking at his backround it was only a matter of time before he killed someone. I haven't seen this series but it sounds like it was made by someone who set out to prove him innocent. I bet if someone else had made the series to prove him guilty we'd all be saying, "to bad Wisconsin doesn't have the death penalty."

I find it interesting that this is such a "controversial" case. I live 2 hours away and I haven't heard anything about this guy since his conviction. Nobody was running around here yelling about how he was wrongfully convicted until this came out. The only question most people had was how come it took so long to get around to arresting him. I'm no great fan of law enforcement but I find it hard to believe that the Sheriff killed her, burned her body on Avery's land and then hid her car there. Come on, she went to Avery's property to take a photo of his sisters car for The Auto Trader, she was never seen alive again. I don't believe Avery's arguements the virtually every other member of is family had oppertunity and motive. Come on, he has several members of his family that want to see him in prision so bad that they would kill an innocent women just to frame him! I call bullshit. The guy spent enough time in prision that he learned how to "game" the system. They make it sound like he was just some innocent guy who was wrongfully convicted and just wanted to live his life in peace. This guy had some real "issues". He committed armed robbery, him and a buddy covered a cat in oil and threw it into a fire, he exposed himself to his cousin and then ran her off the road at gunpoint when she tried to flee. Looking at his backround it was only a matter of time before he killed someone. I haven't seen this series but it sounds like it was made by someone who set out to prove him innocent. I bet if someone else had made the series to prove him guilty we'd all be saying, "to bad Wisconsin doesn't have the death penalty."

The fascinating thing about the show is that it argues that his guilt or innocence is largely irrelevant; that, either way, the investigation was a miscarriage of justice on multiple fronts.

I think you should watch it. They never say the Sheriff killed her. They say they police planted evidence, which after watching it, the obviously did, with at least the key and the bullet. The biggest thing for me was that the prosecutions description of how it went was completely wrong. If he killed her the way they said he did, they would have found blood. There is no way he could have cleaned the place that well. I am not sure if he did it or not, but they did not prove their case and what they did to the nephew was criminal even if he had anything to do with it.

Back