Making A Murderer

the judge ruled that the defense was not allowed to say who they thought did it.

they never said the cops did the killing. they claimed it would have been easy for one or two cops to plant the evidence which I think they did a good job of proving.

the judge ruled that the defense was not allowed to say who they thought did it.

How could they without actual evidence to indicate who that would be? If the defense had a legitimate suspect to name, would they not have shared that information with authorities or the media? Even if you were to some way remove the implication that the sheriff's employees could have killed her, you are still left with a number of obstacles w/r/t the jury...ordinary people's perception of the trustworthyness of police & convincing them of the possibility that multiple jurisdictional authorities would completely ignore a heinous murderer still loose in their community in their zeal to remove Avery, even though he was only in a civil suit with one, are still uphill arguments on the average.

they never said the cops did the killing. they claimed it would have been easy for one or two cops to plant the evidence which I think they did a good job of proving.

If you ignore the non-blood DNA evidence connecting Avery w/ the Rav 4 that would be more convincing. Edit: but yeah, the key..the way it was eventually found with only Avery's DNA...and the bullet in the garage w/ zero other evidence of the slaying are mighty weird.

How could they without actual evidence to indicate who that would be? If the defense had a legitimate suspect to name, would they not have shared that information with authorities or the media? Even if you were to some way remove the implication that the sheriff's employees could have killed her, you are still left with a number of obstacles w/r/t the jury...ordinary people's perception of the trustworthyness of police & convincing them of the possibility that multiple jurisdictional authorities would completely ignore a heinous murderer still loose in their community in their zeal to remove Avery, even though he was only in a civil suit with one, are still uphill arguments on the average.

a lady actually came forward before the trial and told the sheriff dept she thought her husband/boyfriend might have done it. he had a pair of bloody women's underwear that wasn't hers and scratches on his body. they told her they already had the guy who did it and not to worry about it.

same thing in his first case. several different members of the sheriff dept told their superiors they thought someone else did it but they were told they had their man and not to worry about it.

With out the defense providing an alternative actor, it's an implication...with out any assistance in connecting the dots to the sheriff's office needed by the DA.

I get that but the call in of the license plate is still evidence that the police had the vehicle prior to the discovery of the vehicle on the Avery property. That is evidence that rules out Avery or at least rules out the vehicle being on Avery's property as evidence and also that the vehicle itself was tampered with.

In my opinion, this 2 day window was the period of time that the blood was taken from the tube in evidence and placed in the vehicle. Even the blood 'smears' in the vehicle looked to me like they were placed via a needle.

halfway through episode 4. This is fucked. How can they get away with that?!?!?

I've seen the first episode and it was really entertaining.

From what I understand, the prosecutor's office has insisted that the piece was heavy-handed, and that material facts were omitted to that end. But, I don't know what those are, as I haven't watched it yet. I'll check out the retort when I finish. Great start to the show though.

Just finished episode 4 so not gonna read the whole thread yet in case of spoilers etc but can tell the way its going. Absolutely fucked up, of course it's biased as all docs are but still. They've done a very good job of painting a bad picture of all the law enforcement, sherrifs etc. I can't see how they can get away with the planting of the evidence (needle hole in the blood and keys in plain sight with only Avery's DNA), it seems pretty clear watching it but again it's biased. The manipulation of the 16 year old (can't remember his name) is awful.

My opinion so far is that it probably wasn't Avery but somebody (not necessarily the state but seems like they would have been involved) has done a very good job of framing him.

We just watched the third one last night. I am not sure how the 2 officers who "questioned" Steve's nephew sleep at night. Its one thing to go after an adult, but the way they steered a kid, who obviously has an IQ around 70 is horrible. When they kept going on about her head, I was getting sick to my stomach. And then when they were done and he asked if he could get back to school by a certain time, man, 70 may be generous. I'm not sure how they even questioned him without his mom there, that is pretty messed up.

We just watched the third one last night. I am not sure how the 2 officers who "questioned" Steve's nephew sleep at night. Its one thing to go after an adult, but the way they steered a kid, who obviously has an IQ around 70 is horrible. When they kept going on about her head, I was getting sick to my stomach. And then when they were done and he asked if he could get back to school by a certain time, man, 70 may be generous. I'm not sure how they even questioned him without his mom there, that is pretty messed up.
Yep, that was horrifying.
Just finished episode 4 so not gonna read the whole thread yet in case of spoilers etc but can tell the way its going. Absolutely fucked up, of course it's biased as all docs are but still. They've done a very good job of painting a bad picture of all the law enforcement, sherrifs etc. I can't see how they can get away with the planting of the evidence (needle hole in the blood and keys in plain sight with only Avery's DNA), it seems pretty clear watching it but again it's biased. The manipulation of the 16 year old (can't remember his name) is awful.

My opinion so far is that it probably wasn't Avery but somebody (not necessarily the state but seems like they would have been involved) has done a very good job of framing him.
The needle hole thing is BS, though.. Those tubes have a hole in the top--that's just the way they are. The sketchy part is that the box had been tampered with.

Yep, that was horrifying.

The needle hole thing is BS, though.. Those tubes have a hole in the top--that's just the way they are.

None of the ones I have seen have a hole that looks like a puncture. The ones I have seen have a large area that is sunken which can be punctured by a needle. The tube of Avery's blood:
4H7Td35.jpg

That was punctured.

Just watched episode 4 last night. I was really glad to see the judge finally get rid of the kids lawyer. That guy was terrible, he just wanted to be done with it. I don't really care what other evidence they produce, there had been so much messed up stuff so far that I can't believe there wasn't reasonable doubt. I mean there was more real evidence to convict OJ and he walked.

finished. Crazy stuff.

I'm 100% convinced Brendan had nothing to do with it.

Avery I'm not so sure about bit if he did kill her, it definitely wasn't the way the prosecution allege.

Well, I watched it. I have a hunch there might be more to this than the documentary let on, but even so, the justice system is fucked.

Just finished 6 last night. All I can say, if Avery did it, it happened nothing like the prosecution painted it. I have seen too many documentary crime shows to know that blood will be found. If they slit her throat in the bedroom, there would have been blood found. If she was shot in the head in the garage, there would have been blood found. I mean look at the guy and his home, cleaning up is not his strong suit.

The hardest part for me was watching Brendon. He was reading on a fourth grade level. My daughter is in third grade and most of the kids in her class are considered to be reading at a fourth grade level or beyond. They're 9. Heartbreaking.

The hardest part for me was watching Brendon. He was reading on a fourth grade level. My daughter is in third grade and most of the kids in her class are considered to be reading at a fourth grade level or beyond. They're 9. Heartbreaking.

When he was being questioned and they kept feeding him what to say, I wanted to go punch those cops in the taint. That kid obviously had no idea what he was saying and should have had some kind of lawyer or advocate there for the questioning. Hell kids with disabilities get accommodations for taking standardized tests, they should have some when they are about to say something that will put them in jail for the rest of their life.

He didn't know what the word inconsistent meant.

Neither did his mother.

Back