Making A Murderer

I was down with a sinus infection all weekend and did the same with Peaky Blinders. I almost went for this one instead. It was good?

I suspect that the popularity of that show might reopen the case. I know there are a bunch of petitions going around to reopen it. The series makes the prosecution look very, very bad.

I wonder how biased this project was, though. The prosecution really did look horrible but there are two sides to every story.

Here's what I think might have happened (SPOILERS BELOW) but I don't really know.

I think it's entirely possible that Steven Avery killed Teresa Harbach, but I don't believe for a second Brendan Dassey's crazy confession story. It sounded like a bloodbath - there would have HAD to been DNA evidence of something like that - on the bed, the walls, the floor, etc. Even if it took place in the garage. That garage was packed full of junk and there's no way they could have cleaned it all so thoroughly.

I think Brendan is 100% innocent and was a dumb kid that got totally fucked over.

I think it's plausible that Avery did it, but the evidence wasn't strong enough to put him away. That's where Lenk and Coburn come into play - making absolutely sure they can convict him. So instead of him, I dunno, strangling her and burning the body they turned it into this big elaborate thing and planted evidence.

Did he do it? I think it's 50/50 that he did kill her, but if he did it wasn't some brutal sadistic thing (obviously still horrible). I think that's why he was found guilty of murder but not guilty of mutilating a body.

Just my two cents.

I suspect that the popularity of that show might reopen the case. I know there are a bunch of petitions going around to reopen it. The series makes the prosecution look very, very bad.

I hope that the case is reopened. I cannot believe that the appeals have gone the way that they have.

The evidence that was tampered with is huge and, in my opinion, should have never lead to a guilty verdict. The look on Coburn's face when he was questioned about the call-in regarding the license plate said it all for me. Well, it said it all after knowing all of the other things. Beyond that - there is no way that someone running an auto salvage operation would not crush and destroy that vehicle immediately after disposing of the body. Sure, the guy isn't bright but he'd get that one for sure.

There are about 6 theories regarding who killed her that can be found with a simple search.

The series completely redefines the word 'justice' in justice system.

I hope it is reopened too, don't get me wrong. I think Lenk and Coburn are guilty as hell. I am just not sure that also means Avery is innocent.

I hope it is reopened too, don't get me wrong. I think Lenk and Coburn are guilty as hell. I am just not sure that also means Avery is innocent.

I think that he's completely innocent. I don't know if editing comes into play (because it always can) but the telephone calls (and the timing of them) that Jodi made to him on that night were big to me. A person would be too caught up in getting things done if a murder had just taken place. And the shots? Where were all of these shots?

I think that he's completely innocent. I don't know if editing comes into play (because it always can) but the telephone calls (and the timing of them) that Jodi made to him on that night were big to me. A person would be too caught up in getting things done if a murder had just taken place. And the shots? Where were all of these shots?
He could be and all of that makes sense. He probably is, the more I think about it. At any rate he deserves a fair trial. I'm just saying the truth could lie somewhere in the middle.

I am 100% convinced of the kid's innocence, though.

did anyone catch that the prosecution claimed she was not murdered in his trailer during steven's trial but then later claimed she was killed there during Brendan's trial? where is the evidence she was stabbed twice and removed from the trailer? seems like there would be blood on the mattress or carpet.

nothing makes sense. if she was killed in the trailer or the garage why would he then put her in the back of the rav4 only to burn her 15 feet away behind the garage?

a man that runs a salvage yard would not pile a few branches over the rav4 to hide it on his property. he would use his crusher.

if she was shot in the garage where is the blood spatter? that garage was packed full of stuff, certainly you cant believe he cleaned it all to the point where no blood was found. they didn't even find the bullet for 4 months.

same with the key. how bad at searching would you have to be to miss that key in that small bedroom during 3 days of searching?

what they did to Brendan was beyond horrible. his IQ is 70. they were clearly telling him what to say. his atty believed he was guilty.

the home town cops said they would let the outside investigators handle everything yet that was a lie, they were the ones to "find" all the evidence.

Last edited:
I agree that the kid is completely innocent. The way he was railroaded by the detectives, and then by his own (initial) defense attorney is beyond the pale.
I also agree that the blood evidence, the key, and the bullet were all planted. No doubt in my mind. Did Steven kill her? Maybe. I don't think so, however. Why the hell would someone who had recently been exonerated of a horrible crime, who was something of a media darling, who was about to be married, who stood to receive a judgment of at least several hundred thousand dollars (possibly millions) fuck it all by killing some random woman? It makes no sense whatsoever.
And not crushing the car--WTF? No way!

Also re: the key. Did you catch when it was stated that the ONLY DNA found on the key was Steven's? The key that she had used for years has NONE of her DNA on it but has Steven's on it?

Land of the free.

the juror who was dismissed for a family emergency has some interesting things to say too. the initial vote at the start of deliberations was 3 for guilty, 7 for not guilty and 2 undecided. apparently the 3 for guilty had ties to the sheriff dept and should not have even been on the jury. their minds were made up before the trial started.

I still can't imagine how the others just rolled over. why not declare a hung jury?

I think the documentary also highlighted how the media really can influence people's minds before the trial even started. it certainly did not help that the prosecution came out with brendan's false story in graphic detail during that pre-trial press conference. they had no evidence of that happening and didn't even use his testimony in the trial but it certainly swayed people's minds. it also goes to show you how the victim's families can put their blinders on just so that someone is convicted. I know its sad to lose someone and I don't want to take away from their loss but they were convinced from day one he was guilty.

they really never even investigated anyone else and that is just wrong.

also, how did that woman walk directly to the rav4 on a 40 acre lot filled with thousands of other cars?

Good points, all of these. I'm more convinced now that he's innocent. I blew through the thing in basically one 10-hour setting so I'd forgotten a bunch of these details.

Indeed sleewell.

The woman said that God directed her to the vehicle. Yeah.

Kratz is and was a scumbag. Going public with a story that was fed to a kid that is essentially handicapped (Brendan) is criminal to me. That nobody was investigated is indeed glaring but if you believe (like I do) that Coburn found the vehicle and it was subsequently planted on the Avery property - that explains why nobody was investigated.

Ok...so, if you haven't watched the series don't bother looking at this but if you have watched it all here are theories as to what happened. Some are very intriguing (some are looney - ok one is looney):

http://fusion.net/story/249427/netflix-making-a-murderer-what-happened-theories/

I don't think its totally fair to say he is innocent. no one really knows for sure and the way everything happened you can't reasonably say based on the evidence one way or the other. before the trial people were giving them information on suspicious people yet they were told they already had their man and not to worry about it. not exactly sound police investigatory practices at all.

but I do think its safe to say the investigation and trial were seriously flawed and they should have ruled out other leads and other possible suspects instead of only focusing on Steven.

he had a 36 million dollar lawsuit against them and then this happened. they should have let the outside investigators handle it since clearly there was a huge conflict of interest.

at one point the sheriff stated on tv that it would be far easier for them to kill him rather than frame him. I am not sure, but is the sheriff supposed to say that?

Last edited:
Indeed sleewell.

The woman said that God directed her to the vehicle. Yeah.

Kratz is and was a scumbag. Going public with a story that was fed to a kid that is essentially handicapped (Brendan) is criminal to me. That nobody was investigated is indeed glaring but if you believe (like I do) that Coburn found the vehicle and it was subsequently planted on the Avery property - that explains why nobody was investigated.

Ok...so, if you haven't watched the series don't bother looking at this but if you have watched it all here are theories as to what happened. Some are very intriguing (some are looney - ok one is looney):

http://fusion.net/story/249427/netflix-making-a-murderer-what-happened-theories/
Oh, it's totally the sex club thing.

Back