Make your predictions. What do you think is the next popular food trend?

I am going to place my money on Bánh mì sammiches or artisinal Worcestershire sauce.

The Worc. sauce makes me wonder if you're serious, but bahn mi is a good guess. Pho probably won't go mainstream, but it might be the next sushi or something.

The Worc. sauce makes me wonder if you're serious, but bahn mi is a good guess. Pho probably won't go mainstream, but it might be the next sushi or something.

Bahn mi is already fading I think...over the past couple years, it was definitely the darling of the food network but just hasn't seemed to catch on. Pho might be a little too labor/ingredient intensive to go mainstream.

I imagine the trend will circle back around to steak. Or pork tenderloin.
37-Vagina-Steak.jpg
Funniest_Memes_what-s-for-dinner_2636.jpeg

Pork belly is already pretty popular, but I'm thinking beef/pork cheek are due for an explosion in popularity pretty soon. What I'd really love to see is a head cheese renaissance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pork belly is already pretty popular, but I'm thinking beef/pork cheek are due for an explosion in popularity pretty soon. What I'd really love to see is a head cheese renaissance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is popular in restaurants, but I meant for home. How many people know what to do with a piece of uncured pork belly if they were lucky enough to find it in the meat department?

not very many from my experience.

The wife and I are exploring the world of meat curing and charcuterie. So far we have dry cured pork belly and prosciutto, wet cured/brined/smoked pastrami and pork chops. I am smoking the chops this Sunday. Our next adventure (while our second pastrami brines) is home made sausage. Bought some casings last week and a couple of books on sausage making/recipes.

Sous Vide is already the new next. Basically cooking vacuum bagged food in a low temp bath for hours. Except for the temperature difference, not unlike the boil=a=bag veggies you can get now.

Lately I've noticed "uncured" or "no added nitrates" on ham, bacon etc. I thought this could be a trend but reading up on it, it sounds like a bunch of BS and a marketing ploy. I hope

Back