Hot or Not? MAGNATONE TWILIGHTER STEREO

Kerouac

weird musical dildo

In the rich tradition of Magnatone, the Magnatone Twilighter was designed to be the best your money could buy. They are extremely proud of their product - every detail has been meticulously fashioned for the discerning user. Whether you are a touring professional, basement jammer, or anywhere in between, your sound and need for the best amplifier was taken into serious consideration.

The Twilighter amplifier is designed to give you a portable and powerful amplifier in a unique and authentic package. The original Magnatone Vibrato circuit is nestled between the finest Pre-Amp and Power Amp ever before available in an amp. These amps offer the classic platform of a 12AX7 front end coupled with a 6V6 power section, tube reverb, and tube rectification. This configuration delivers full bodied clean tones and natural overdrive, all while letting you dial in the “Chime.”

The Twilighter is great at any volume and has plenty of muscle to gig with, performing with a range of tone never thought possible. The exclusive Magnatone pitch-shifting vibrato elevates your musical experience to new levels. This is electronic Americana that oozes classic tone, a true tribute to the ancestor – with power!

Specifications:

• Tube Complement: (5) 12AX7, (2)12AU7, (2) 6V6, GZ34
  • Inputs: High and low sensitivity
  • Power Output: 22+22 watts push pull Class AB
  • Gain: 80dB
  • Treble: 14dB range at 2kHz
  • Bass: 12dB range at 60Hz
  • Reverb: Tube driven 4 counterwound springs long pan; Mono/stereo, wet/dry operation

http://vintageking.com/magnatone-twilighter-stereo-brown#video1

They have a mono version too.

Reactions: Tig
I bought an amp after watching one of his demos, but it's also is the best sounding amp I've ever personally played through... So it's not ALL him. :)

I'll be checking one of these out next month when I'm down in Nashville. Sounds too freaking good.

I'm just glad I am too broke to have amp GAS......'cause that sounded awesome.

Yeah, that's a crazy price tag, but if I could justify it I'd still make it mine. But it's too loud for teaching, too loud for home recording, and I don't gig with a full band. :(

So, I realize this is a stupid question, but what makes this a stereo amp, as opposed to mono?

The vibrato circuit actually can split the effect into individual speakers, so you get true phasing as the sound moves from left to right (or right to left.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The amp sounds good but it isn't something I would want. You are probably paying a ton for that tremolo/vibrato feature which I would never use. That effect makes me seasick. It like vibrates through my chest. If they had a model without it, I would want to give it a go.
But either way, I think I would rather have that guitar.

So, I realize this is a stupid question, but what makes this a stereo amp, as opposed to mono?

From Egnater's site:

As we see, stereo means two different signals, two power amps and two speakers. To have a true stereo setup requires adding an additional speaker and power amp to your mono setup.

Back