Made-Wrong

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
I hate to break the news but Taco Bell is not real mexican food...it is not made right.

50-off-Taco-Bell-purchase.png

also the wiener schnitzel is not real schnitzel...

I have friends who will not eat "authentic" Mexican food, they only want Taco Bell. I can't stomach it anymore (I'm not 19 anymore either). But after living in L.A> for 6 years, I have a hard time find something good on the East Coast.

My own contribution...

LLOYDS-Seasoned-Shredded-Pork-in-BBQ.aspx

I have friends who will not eat "authentic" Mexican food, they only want Taco Bell. I can't stomach it anymore (I'm not 19 anymore either). But after living in L.A> for 6 years, I have a hard time find something good on the East Coast.

My own contribution...

LLOYDS-Seasoned-Shredded-Pork-in-BBQ.aspx
My southern bred MIL loves that shit. Bleh!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I live in Tennessee, so there is very little "authentic" Mexican food around. I yearn for my days in Southern California, where one could actually find authentic Mexican. Of course, my stomach doesn't do spicy nearly as well is it did when I was younger, so maybe it's just as well that all I can get is the dumbed down version.

Here in the foothills of NC, we gave a Taco Bell, which only exists because it is cheap.

The small town of Yadkinville has 2 authentic Mexican restaurants, one of which is closed on Saturdays idn_smilie. Five Mikes away, Boonville has its own authentic Mexican restaurant.

Thank the heavens I live where you can find real Mexican food. Not the cheese saturated stuff (though that is quite good as well), but the real deal. Street tacos are a wonderful thing. So wonderful that lots of places are now ruining them as equally as they have ruined most of the rest of the cuisine.

Never heard of that place. Yuck.

Here in Bavaria, Wienerschnitzel is exactly what it is.

I've actually forgot that people back home think hot dogs are called that. :facepalm:

My son once asked why they call it Wienerschnitzel yet don't sell any...the cashier asked the manager, no one had an answer.
  • At times you can get a cheesesteak sandwich plus a hot dog with cheesesteak on it plus a burger with cheesesteak on it for like $6
  • Or you can get a pastrami sandwich plus a hot dog with pastrami on it plus a burger with pastrami on it for like $6
  • Or 5 chili dogs for $5.55
  • You get the picture.
Looking on the website, it looks like the have them as far east as Illinois, but they are definitely entwined with Southern California culture.

Last edited:
Back