Mad Professor One... really does EVH in a box?

cvogue

Yes, that's Oolong. :)
So has anyone tried the Mad Professor One? The online vids make it sound really good, some of them truly nail the EVH tone. Just wondering what it sounds like when played by mere mortals.

The Wampler Pinnacle sounds pretty darn close too...

I bought me on a stupid deal of the day. It wasn't bad, just not my sound. I left the gain almost all the way down and it was too much for me. I don't really try to get the Eddie sound, but I think it could get you there. A bunch of folks here use of used the Pinnacle. I would bet the Wampler sounds better.

i was interested in this until i found out that there is a phase effect that is always on. no way to dial it out

i was interested in this until i found out that there is a phase effect that is always on. no way to dial it out

I think you are thinking of a different pedal. I had it and the was no phase effect. It does have reverb that you can turn down but no phase.

This pedal seemed like a good idea, but I typically don't use reverb, so...not for me. I've been using the Pinnacle for a few years now, but the shine is wearing off. There's an upper-mid harshness there that I can't quite dial out. I might try the EVH 5150 pedal, I hear good things about it.

I think you are thinking of a different pedal. I had it and the was no phase effect. It does have reverb that you can turn down but no phase.

I'm thinking Mystix might be right... the demo's I've heard have a very slight phasing going on, can't always hear it, I think it might increase as the "brown" control is turned up. I've heard others complain about the ever present phasing too. :shrug:

I never heard any phasing with mine. You should have bought it when I sold it so you could have had one without phasing :grin:

Back