Mad Professor 1 demo by Pete Thorn

I want somebody to do a roundup between this, the Pinnacle, both versions of the Carl Martin PlexiTone, the Lovepedal Purple Plex, and the Joyo Hot Plexi (which is supposed to be a copy of the Lovepedal).

If I didn't have a Pinnacle Deluxe I'd be all over this.

Sent from my Moto X 2014 using Tapatalk

If I didn't have a Pinnacle Deluxe I'd be all over this.

My preliminary research suggest that's a much better deal, but also 3-4x the cost of the current deal.

I think I'll pass.

My preliminary research suggest that's a much better deal, but also 3-4x the cost of the current deal.

I think I'll pass.
I haven't compared the two, but I love my Pinnacle. Only reason I was vaguely tempted was that I have a $65 store credit at GC, but I've been planning on getting a PolyTune 2.

I don't know if I can sold on the clip, but for $50, why not. I bet I can get $75 for it in a few months.

I think my wife is going to come to Pragestock next year and kick all of your asses. :grin:

Is it just me, or does it have a really hyped treble range with a lot of fizz? :messedup:

So mine arrived today. Very fizzy unless you turn the presence all the way down. It sounds pretty good like that. It sounds great with the brown and presence all the way down. It has a nice tube amp just past the break up point sound. All in all, not a bad pedal for $50. I wouldn't buy it at full price.

So mine arrived today. Very fizzy unless you turn the presence all the way down. It sounds pretty good like that. It sounds great with the brown and presence all the way down. It has a nice tube amp just past the break up point sound. All in all, not a bad pedal for $50. I wouldn't buy it at full price.
Remember, this is going for a sound that also incorporates a slightly overwound very midrangey bridge humbucker.

So I added mine to my board and gave it a good workout today. What I got a kick out of is that with the gain all the way down, it still has more gain than my Klone with the gain all the way up. I actually like it with the gain and presence all the way down, it has a very nice crunch to it.

Back