Help! Low gain pedal suggestions!

pjackson92

PRSnorkler
Little background, I've been a long time lurker but I don't post because of just the sheer knowledge on here that I rarely have anything to add. I play mainly worship music so I need something to cover a low gain range. I run a 70s reissue strat with vintage fralin single coils in to a Jim roots tiny terror on thresher of breakup. I have been using a okko Diablo for low gain and a box of rock for medium to high gain stuff. The box of rock is wayto flubby so it's gone. I'm moving the Diablo to that application . I need something to push my app from clean to breakup. I was thinking of either a rc booster or a morning glory. Has anyone ever had experience with either or for pushing a amp like that? Let me know what you think!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I might suggest you look at the Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, as well. Since they updated it, there are even some good deals on the older model (I have the older model). It has a gain knob and a clean boost knob (that's where the "sparkle" comes in), so you can dial in just the amount of gain that you want, and still get a nice volume boost with the volume control.

For my worship playing, I am either playing acoustic, or going pretty clean, but when I'm on my own time, this is the one for me.

Here's the older version, and the newer modded version which gives you more ability to control the character of the gain:

sparkledrive_lg.jpg
sparkledrive_mod_lg.jpg

Helpimarocker I think more of a dirty boost. I'm not really looking for a volume boost but more grit

The RC booster will get you "Cleaner" grit. I use mine a lot for that sort of thing. The Sparkle drive MOD can give you either a completely clean boost, a Tubescreamer kind of thing, a sound kind of like someone cranking an older Marshall( which is what I use it for) and two high gain sounds that I don't really care for.

Helpimarocker I think more of a dirty boost. I'm not really looking for a volume boost but more grit

The Klon and its variants seem to be the chosen dirty boost of choice. I had an EHX Soul Food that was pretty cool. Chad has some experience with klones if he would chime in. You may also like a treble booster. Many of the new ones have volume, gain, and tone controls.

The Klon and its variants seem to be the chosen dirty boost of choice. I had an EHX Soul Food that was pretty cool. Chad has some experience with klones if he would chime in. You may also like a treble booster. Many of the new ones have volume, gain, and tone controls.
See 1 post below your first post. :grin:

Actually here is a little demo of those pedals as well as the Mojohand FX Rook which is similar:

Back