Hot or Not? Look Ma....no F holes!

Lerxst

spaghetti and blankets
Pure Salem Guitars

ELEVATION
$920.00

TECH SPECS
Semi-Hollow / With No F-Holes
Body Material : Maple Top, Side and Back.
Center Block : Mahogany
Neck Material : Mahogany with Binding and Block Inlays
Rosewood Fret Board
24 3/4 Scale Length
42.75 Nut Width
2 1/16 String Spacing
Modern C Shape Neck / Light Satin Finish
12 Inch Radius
Grover Tuners
Stop tail piece bridge
Custom Wound Mendiola” pickup in neck
Custom Wound “Mendiola” pickup in Bridge
Vintage style cloth wiring
3 Way Toggle With two Volume & Two Tone
Med Jumbo Frets
Dual Truss Rod

http://www.puresalemguitars.com/models/elevation/

elevation-crow-black-frnt-jv_puresalem_160812-0072-e1485892736395.jpg

elevation-crow-black-btm-jv_puresalem_160812-0090.jpg

elevation-crow-black-bk-jv_puresalem_160812-0073.jpg

cardinal-black-raven-neck.jpg

I like that.

I say "Hot".

Looks like the fit/finish might be a little suspect (paint bleed on the headstock, for example), but for that price....well.....I dig it.

I like that.

I say "Hot".

Looks like the fit/finish might be a little suspect (paint bleed on the headstock, for example), but for that price....well.....I dig it.

FWIW, made by Mirr in S. Korea
Same outfit that makes Duesenberg & Reverend guitars

Not too shabby. I've been sort of thinking about a 335-ish guitar (perhaps one of the new Korean Guilds) and this appears to scratch a similar itch. However, I might decide to spend a bit more and get a used Heritage instead.

The thing that concerns me are the Custom Wound “Mendiola” pickups. Replacing pickups in this sort of guitar might be a nightmare, and I wouldn't take a chance unheard at something like this.

On a related point you see with a lot of companies like Puresalem that most, if not all, of their product is a riff on existing designs. Not many companies can get buy on being totally original in a market that heavily values traditional designs.

I dig the guitar. I think it looks pretty cool with no f holes. I'd give this a try if I didn't just buy an amazingly great es335.

Back