look at the "presentation"

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
You know those Wasa crackers and Ryvita ones and such....they always have these great pictures of like one cracker with some brie an arugula leaf and a tomato on them, all nicely presented uppity like. So I've always thought "hmmmm, that does look good but I can't be bothered" well that all changed this week and I now CAN BE bothered because damn if those aren't tasy vittles!

So anyway I made fancy pants crackers with an emphasis on uppity presentation such as one would get in the finest eateries in San francisco or Brooklynn.....

1 ryvita cracker
a piece of Havarti cheese
1 "applegate farms uncured Genoa salami slice"
i slice of smoked Gouda cheese
a tomato slice
a dash oc celerysalt (to keep it real for our Chicago folks)

Image-1.jpg

Meh. Not tall enough. Height is the most important dimension of food. Even if they were tall, you wouldn't be able tell shooting from that angle. Plus, it's on a fucking plate instead of a rustic cutting board with parchment paper.

I love those rye crisp type things, but I don't think I've ever put anything on one.

Meh. Not tall enough. Height is the most important dimension of food. Even if they were tall, you wouldn't be able tell shooting from that angle. Plus, it's on a fucking plate instead of a rustic cutting board with parchment paper.
white plate presentation is preffered because it highlights the food and has no distractions :mad:

Huh. I get it by default on a dog round these parts (not that a hot dog really needs extra salt), but I don't think I've ever owned my very own celery salt...

Back