Logic users: Have a template!

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
Here's a template that I use as a starting point for the majority of my projects. It's fairly guitar focused and this particular template is free of any soft synths or plug-ins, but the busses are pre-assigned and the tracks are colour-coded. Hopefully it might help some of you out. :)

http://andymclain.com/logic/kerouac_template.zip

Last edited:
Pics!

arrange_view.png

mixer_view.png

Let me know if you guys have any issues or need help with tweaking your own templates. Thanks for checking it out. :)

I downloaded it. But it doesn't work for me. Can you put the template in Dropbox maybe? Or e-mail?

Maybe because I have express.

Good stuff!

Remember, you'll have to map your own I/O as I've left those blank as well. Sometimes I use the Duet and sometimes I'm on the Ensemble, so I leave the template open to either.

Cool! Let me know how it works out for you.

The only thing I will change is the drums, since I use Addictive Drums. I program the drums on one midi track and have split each element out on auxiliary tracks (including overhead and room)

The only thing I will change is the drums, since I use Addictive Drums. I program the drums on one midi track and have split each element out on auxiliary tracks (including overhead and room)

I do the same thing when I'm using soft synths, but this is more for tracking live instruments. Ever since I re-did my floors the downstairs sounds great, so I'd rather take the extra time and track there.

This is very cool and I need to spend some time playing in it...it is definitely over my simplistic recording head!

This is very cool and I need to spend some time playing in it...it is definitely over my simplistic recording head!

It should be pretty easy. Select the track you want to record onto, assign the input from your device, and hit record!

Back