Logic Pro

realtree71

I crash bikes
Any logic users?

About to get a new computer and thinking about going Mac...... Thoughts are much appreciated..

Currently using Cubase for windows and Elements... Is going apple worth it?

Pros: It's every bit as good as ProTools and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Cons: It's not as common as ProTools and North American studios.

Otherwise, basically depends on preferences and applications.

I use Logic Express, and I like it a lot. I've found it to be a very powerful and intuitive step up from Garageband. Garageband being a powerful and intuitive step up from a 4-track recorder.
Like Flamencology said, its biggest drawback is that ProTools is the industry standard. That's unlikely to be an issue, though, unless you think you might want to pursue a career in sound engineering.

Generally speaking, I like using Macs. I have two macs, an iMac and a Macbook Pro, as well as a Dell laptop. The Macbook Pro and the Dell get the most use, and I get super frustrated with the Dell ALL THE TIME. Mostly just because it's slow. But that's all I'm allowed to use for work, and they pay for most of my toys, so I listen.

I. Currently running Logic 9... may finally update to Logic X over the holidays. I've used it a little bit with one friends and clients, but I haven't wanted to invest in the new learning curve myself yet.

If you're simply looking for basic tracking and editing, even GarageBand would be fine; Logic is incredibly powerful and comes with a HUGE library of samples, synths, and effects that ost of the more casual users will never touch. ProTools is #1, but Logic/GB is #2 and more and more studios are taking Logic files these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use Logic X for home recording, I have barely scratched the surface of this thing, but if you are recording for yourself, then absolutely Logic, not too expensive and much more powerful then I will ever need

I currently use cubase 7 and elements for the video editing.... I've used it for a while now. Before that I tried to get into pro tools but it didn't work out.....

Last edited:
I have Cubbase 5. For no other reason than, it was installed on the computer I bought off Craiglist.

For recording I mainly use garageband and fly the sessions into Logic when they need to get embiggened. For dealing with video I use iMovie and fly tracks in from GB or logic - works well.

Logic works fine. It's a very capable and cost-effective home recording solution.

If you plan on interfacing with other people, however having Pro Tools (or both) might be necessary.
Also, if you have professional audio aspirations, learning Pro Tools would be much more useful.

If you plan on interfacing with other people, however having Pro Tools (or both) might be necessary.
Also, if you have professional audio aspirations, learning Pro Tools would be much more useful.

That's certainly true on this continent, for the time being. (We've pretty much got a generation of musicians growing up with GarageBand)

But Logic is significantly more popular in European studios than it is here.

Logic works fine. It's a very capable and cost-effective home recording solution.

I might be changing to Logic for the short term just so I can upgrade my work computer. I don't have the $600 for Protools at the moment on top of everything else I need to do around here.

That's certainly true on this continent, for the time being. (We've pretty much got a generation of musicians growing up with GarageBand)

But Logic is significantly more popular in European studios than it is here.

Yes. My POV is entirely based on my experience in the US.
Sitting on a dub stage in LA with 6 Pro Tools systems right now.
Logic is quite popular with composers, otherwise I never see it.

Yes. My POV is entirely based on my experience in the US.
Sitting on a dub stage in LA with 6 Pro Tools systems right now.
Logic is quite popular with composers, otherwise I never see it.

Yeah, it is easier and more intuitive for electronic and computer music. I've done a fair bit of work doing looped soundscapes for art galleries and installations, and it's not a pain.

Dub2.png

Here's the stage if anyone finds this interesting.
Best part is I can go on the Transformers ride at lunch!

Back