Little Help Please - UPDATE - NAD

Stratguy

Coffee Junky
So, I am looking at a used Fender Acoustisonic SFX amp. The guy that's selling it says it was made about 1998. Does anyone have any experience with this acoustic amp. I'm looking for something to add a little something extra to the solos that I do in church. If this is as good as some reviewers seem to think, I would sell one, or both, of my other acoustic amps. I should add that we have decided that $300 seems like a fair price (given what I've seen on Ebay, and the fact that the grill cloth is separating. Any thoughts you can give me would be appreciated. Oh, and here's a pic of the amp:

00707_eQ2v7vkSLNm_600x450.jpg

Update: I could see that this amp is not a very popular, as no one had thoughts. I drove to the Nashville to check out this amp, and I liked what I heard. It's pretty heavy at 65 lbs., and I really tried to talk myself out of it (I let a Peavey Classic 50 go because everytime I moved it, I was in the chiropractor's office on Monday. In the end, though, I really liked the stereo imaging sound, and although the new ones are a lot smaller, and weigh in at only 22 lbs., they go for $899. I was able to get this for significantly less, and I'm getting some very nice, and useful sound

Last edited:
I have no experience with those, but if you like the sound, what more matters? I hear you about the weight, though. Hopefully you can park it at church and not have to move it again. :grin:

I hope you enjoy it!

I've got one of these:

71pq9Ux4-5L.jpg

Fishman Loudbox Performer. I think it's roughly similar in terms of features to what you got, but of course in a small form factor (31 lbs). I have found that it's way quicker and easier to set up than a PA and offers me a lot of flexibility. I hope you enjoy your new (old) Fender!

The young guy that I bought it from was selling because he wanted a Loudbox. He told me that he never used the stereo imaging switch on the Fender, so I guess this will work for us both. I have had a chance to spend a little bit of time with it in the living room, and I can definitely hear a nice difference with the stereo imaging switch engaged, and I am totally into the sound.

And @Gary Blanchard: Parking it at the church definitely sounds a whole lot better than dragging back and forth. :old:

The young guy that I bought it from was selling because he wanted a Loudbox. He told me that he never used the stereo imaging switch on the Fender, so I guess this will work for us both. I have had a chance to spend a little bit of time with it in the living room, and I can definitely hear a nice difference with the stereo imaging switch engaged, and I am totally into the sound.

And @Gary Blanchard: Parking it at the church definitely sounds a whole lot better than dragging back and forth. :old:
Or convince the church that you need a roadie. :grin:

Or convince the church that you need a roadie. :grin:

The funny part is that when I play in the church, I am busy shaking hands when the service is over, rather than packing up the guitar, music, and putting the mic away. One day, a couple from the church, packed up the guitar (another musician, so I trust them), and put everything in order, then brought my guitar to me in the entry. They've been doing it ever since, and call themselves my roadies. :grin:

They may draw the line at dealing with the new amp, though.

The funny part is that when I play in the church, I am busy shaking hands when the service is over, rather than packing up the guitar, music, and putting the mic away. One day, a couple from the church, packed up the guitar (another musician, so I trust them), and put everything in order, then brought my guitar to me in the entry. They've been doing it ever since, and call themselves my roadies. :grin:

They may draw the line at dealing with the new amp, though.
Yeah, I guess they may. :wink:

My son has one of those (slightly different model).

It works well for acoustic work.

$300 seems OK, but if you could knock another $50 or so......it would be a good deal, for sure.

Coralkong, you are right on about the $50. I thought seriously about trying to go that direction when I saw it. But it was obvious that this was a young couple, and I thought about my daughter her husband, and how tough it was when they were getting started together. I figured that $300 was a win-win, so I went with that.

Cool that your son has one.

Coralkong, you are right on about the $50. I thought seriously about trying to go that direction when I saw it. But it was obvious that this was a young couple, and I thought about my daughter her husband, and how tough it was when they were getting started together. I figured that $300 was a win-win, so I went with that.

The world needs more people like you.

Back