Little Charlie and The Nightcats

el diablo

I'll take an A for $1000, Alex.
I blather on about them as influencial, and this is an example why. Charlie Baty on guitar, Rick Estrin on vocals/harp . Interestingly, when the band formed ,Charlie was the harp player. The lyrics are classic Estrin. If you want a shortcut to his skills , hit the video in the next post.

Last edited:
After seeing those...I think I have way more of his influence in my playing than I thought. The staccato riffs, dissonant chord bursts into "legato" lines...that's how I play.

Yeah, sure. But I do try.

I also discovered something interesting about my playing..I almost NEVER flip the PU to the bridge only..Baty plays in the mid/neck..Thackery plays in the bridge. Decisions?

Sorry, I was asleep. I LOVE Little Charlie and the Nightcats. Charlie's playing is so swinging and melodic, and his use of chords during a solo is always cool. Bayview Jump is one of my favorites.

Getting the thread back on track (and off rabbits) :), here are a couple of guitar lessons with Charlie. The sound and video quality isn't the best, but they're worth watching.

Back