Line 6. I give up. You've defeated me.

Oh shit!

Dude, my bad. I forgot all about this until I just saw it on the front page. My HD is at the rehearsal studio, I will make it a point to grab it and send you some patches.

Sorry, I flaked.

no worries.

ive been super busy lately and havent had any playing time.

Yeah.

It's a shame, because I've been a big Line 6 proponent for a long time. Unfortunately, all of the brilliantly executed models and myriad routing and customization options mean fuck all if you can't rely on it in a live setting.

I'd rather run my trusty old RP -3 at this point. It may be nearly 20 years old, but it's literally built like a tank, is a cakewalk to program and sounds incredibly good depite its ancient hardware.

I'll likely end up using either the GT10 or maybe even the GT6. Either will get me the sounds I want without causing me to have a stroke.
I like Line 6 in a studio but like you said, these are more reliable and cheap to have a backup.
uploadfromtaptalk1437178034304.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1437178079755.jpg

Funny, I learned a whole new reason to fuck Line 6 un their stupid fucking meathead faces. ..

You can use the visual editor to create patches without being plugged into the unit.

Awesome feature!

Unfortunately, the fucking editor apparently allows you to exceed the DSP limitations of the unit when doing so.

So of all of the patches I created at home while the unit was in the studio, only a handful would actually load onto the damned thing. The rest just essentially said "fuck you, I ain't got time fo dat shit" and produced an error message informing me that said patches did in fact exceed the unit's limitations.

So.

Fucking.

Done.

Funny, I learned a whole new reason to fuck Line 6 un their stupid fucking meathead faces. ..

You can use the visual editor to create patches without being plugged into the unit.

Awesome feature!

Unfortunately, the fucking editor apparently allows you to exceed the DSP limitations of the unit when doing so.

So of all of the patches I created at home while the unit was in the studio, only a handful would actually load onto the damned thing. The rest just essentially said "fuck you, I ain't got time fo dat shit" and produced an error message informing me that said patches did in fact exceed the unit's limitations.

So.

Fucking.

Done.
:markfacepalm:

Yup.

Why have an editor that offers an "offline" mode, if the thing is too stupid to know the limitations of the unit it is Specifically and exclusively made to work with?

I have other visual editors that when offline, still know if what you are asking it to do is valid or not.

This is just lazy, poorly designed and farcical.

Never again. I'll gladly fork over the extra dough for something that fucking works. Funny that Line 6 calls their software librarian "Line 6 Monkey", since it appears that Monkeys are actually designing this shit.

I was having a problem using the USB cable and editor with my pedal board and tube amp......

... there's no usb inputs to fuck with any of my pedal or amp settings.... so I guess it's not really a problem. :helper:

Joking aside, I understand why your style of music has so many effects changes, so of all the units out there, I really think the TC Nova System would work the best for you. Completely bulletproof. It does have analogue distortion circuits built in, but the effects are what it does best. If I needed more effects than the handful I use, I would consider getting another one of these.

ImageGen.ashx

Awesome feature!

So.

Fucking.

Done.
Sounds like they updated it for the HD500X and forgot about the HD500's limitations.

Back