Line 6 HX Effects vs BOSS GT-1000

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
L6HX_front.jpg

L6HXback-e1516734518922.jpg

gt-1000_front_10_clolors_gal.jpg

gt-1000_back_gal.jpg

The Line 6 is Helix effects only. It does have the ability to load external Impulse Responses (IRs), which is speaker cabinet emulation. No amps though. $600

The BOSS is a full-featured processor that includes amp sims and loaded IRs. $1000

Waiting for manual release (pun intended :tongue: )

I like how the Line 6 has the nameplates above the switches. The Boss would have to make me remember things and I'm not good at that :grin:

totally different products. way different prices, way different features/applications.

the helix lt is still going to be better than the boss.

i think line 6 has stepped their game up considerably since yamaha came into the picture.

I won't be buying it until I can find a 20% off code.

At least from the video, it does what I like about the Nova System and improves on it. Each switch isn't tied to 1 effect type and it looks like it has loops you can control with it like the G System.

As a diehard Boss multieffects user, I vote for the GT-1000.

I haven't seen a manual yet, but one thing I know about the BOSS is if you tweak an effect, those tweaks can be applied to all presets that effect appears in. That's very cool and addresses one of Chad's concerns.

totally different products. way different prices, way different features/applications.

the helix lt is still going to be better than the boss.

i think line 6 has stepped their game up considerably since yamaha came into the picture.
I'm not inclined to find out if the Yamaha takeover has done anything to address the atrocious build quality of the Line 6 stuff. I know we recently talked about the attrition rate of the DL4 pedals and how shoddily made they were. My HD500 was only still functioning when I unloaded it because I had replaced virtually every switch, the input jack, the rocker position sensor for the expression pedal, and fabricated my own inner support brace for the floating circuit board that flexed so much when clicking a switch that the cheap plastic clips would break and create a situation where depressing a switch just pushed the circuit board down without actually "switching". Total and complete POS, that at $500 street price is unacceptable.

Then there was the known issues with the software that they knew about for years but did nothing to sort. In fact, each update seemed to make matters worse.

Throw in their astoundingly awful tech/customer support and an online community full of psycophants and mods that quash any thread that asks a serious question about a faulty unit, and I'm done.

Funny, for all the trash talk against Behringer (for sake of comparison), my 1202FX Mixer I paid $89 for in 2008 and has been tossed around in a gig bag full of lose stuff unprotected and generally abused for ten years is still in 100% working order without any iffy or noisy sliders, pots, or FUBAR input/output jacks and sounds great.
It's Boss, so it's likely going to be able to handle a lot more abuse than ANYTHING by Line 6. Just ask @OGG!
Word yo.

This right here is why I'm keeping my options open. I love stuff like this. But I feel like the full sized Helix models and the BOSS have a significant advantage here, simply because of the giant screen. Less scrolling is always better.

This right here is why I'm keeping my options open. I love stuff like this. But I feel like the full sized Helix models and the BOSS have a significant advantage here, simply because of the giant screen. Less scrolling is always better.

Do these have a computer interface? I think tweaking individual effects on the unit is fine, but I think I would want some kind of computer interface to make these kind of adjustments.

Do these have a computer interface? I think tweaking individual effects on the unit is fine, but I think I would want some kind of computer interface to make these kind of adjustments.

Yes. Unfortunately, it's computer only. No mobile. The BOSS will have a mobile app that can make adjustments via bluetooth.

Back