Line 6 Amplifi

The more I think about it the less I'm interested.

I just get the feeling this is a dead end product.
Maybe it's the "me too" i at the end of the name, but I can't see this being a long living line in the Line 6 portfolio.

But hey, I'm wrong more than I'm right, so we shall see.

I love Line 6 stuff, but I see no real practical value in this thing. I guess I just don't get it.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I saw the 'everything will change on the 23rd' teaser emails and stuff, and I was hoping for an update/replacement for the DTM series. I thought about some of the iPad/computer interface stuff, plus some bogner tube guts, and perhaps some more integration with the HD series pods/boards. Maybe pack it with the latest DSP tech available. My other thought was perhaps an all tube amp with a MIDI type preset thing and DSP effects, such that selecting a particular amp model routed the signal through a circuit like the original. I has a disappoint.

Just tried one on display at GC.

Pretty much what the consensus is: it's a loud, above-average bluetooth speaker system that you can play guitar through, and as a bluetooth speaker, it's nothing spectacular. As a practice amp, it's OK as long as you can get away with four preset patches without having to have your i-Device with you at all times. Also, if your store demo models aren't going to be tied to the iOS app, then at least have the four factory default presets vary a little more than the four dirty, delay-ridden patches :facepalm: - would it have been too much to ask for ONE clean preset?

Definitely not giggable for several reasons IMO, output only being one factor.

I'm sure if I had the app and a few hours to spend, I could get some decent tones for practice out of it, but I think what they are aiming for (a "do-it-all" bluetooth music system that can just kinda sit amongst the other entertainment system components) does not jibe with a huge chunk of their target audience; I mean, it seems to be a $400- or $500 luxury toy. I just don't feel their market is looking for a plasticy, all-in-one sound tool, especially at those prices. I think most players, beginners or otherwise, will want a separate guitar amp, period. Maybe I'm wrong, though :shrug:

I prefer the simplicity of dedicated knobs over having to use a computer & USB to tweak my amp. I have gone full geezer.

Back