Liking movies people hate club

Remembered another.

Alien 3 is not nearly as good as either of the first two but it's miles better than Resurrection, and is a more worthy sucessor to the first film than the second w/r/t tone.

I like the first one, then thought that 2 was weird because it was a campy remake to the first one, not a sequel and was on the fence until Army if Darkness came out. Only then was Sam Rami's brilliance on 2 evident.
It was out on HBO during law school, and I and some study buddies that took Thursday night to play cribbage, drink beer, and watch movies watched it repeatedly during its HBO run. In our slightly insane law school induced state, we believed it to be brilliant. I tried to watch the first one once and didn't care for it.

Raimi is a likeable fellow. Drag Me To Hell was another super-enjoyable comedy/horror flick.

I'm really looking forward to Ash vs. Evil Dead. I'm not sure to what level he was involved with Spartacus, but that was a brilliant series.

I'm not sure if he'll ever be able to atone for Spider-Man 3, but it's loads of fun watching him try.

I tried to watch the first one once and didn't care for it.

You can't watch 2 then go back and watch 1. It becomes the less funny first half of a movie.

On its own, Evil Dead is a well made low budget horror movie from a budding director.

Two was said director coming up with a crazy direction but to do so had to revisit and re focus the original.

I actually really dig "For the Love of the Game". Rami does a deft job of merging a sports movie with a romance that men and women can watch the same movie and walk away enjoying on two completely different levels.

Two words:

Bruce Motherfucking Campbell.

Simply brilliant. Couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, but his delivery and charm make him irresistibly enthralling and entertaining. The man can do no wrong. He was the glue that made the Burn Notice series so enjoyable. I'm still bummed that it ended.

Two words:

Bruce Motherfucking Campbell.

Simply brilliant. Couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, but his delivery and charm make him irresistibly enthralling and entertaining. The man can do no wrong.

Huge contradiction.

I wouldn't agree that he can't act. Just that he's limited to the B-movie style, in which he's pretty much a virtuoso.

Huge contradiction.

I wouldn't agree that he can't act. Just that he's limited to the B-movie style, in which he's pretty much a virtuoso.
Fair enough. His enormous personality (and chin) make him appear one dimensional by virtue of its presence.

It doesn't matter what role he plays, he is always Bruce.

His gift for deadpan is heaven sent.

Ima call a bit of bullshit on this thread. Besides liking most of these movies myself, many are either well regarded in general or cult classics. Except Battlefield Earth, that's just total shit. :thu:

Joe Vs The Volcano 1.jpg

I get bored with most movies.
Schindler's List and Passion of the Christ are notable exceptions.
I prefer to read my stories. My special effects are way better.

I can watch some comedy, though. Monty Python, Blues Brothers, etc.

Back