Like an Aztec sacrifice to the automotive gods they are cutting the heart of my truck

Mark Wein said:
thats a short bed....those are more desirable than the truck I have. I was actually thinking of doing it in the yellowish looking primer like this:

and letting it stay that way for a while...I've seen a few like that before. The body work is going to be the expensive part though.

Primer alone doesn't fully protect the metal because it's fairly porous. Depending on on humidity levels you might do more harm to the metal than you think.

Primer alone doesn't fully protect the metal because it's fairly porous. Depending on on humidity levels you might do more harm to the metal than you think.

it's not too humid here. and if you saw the truck up close yous see that it could only help :embarrassed:

IMG_2619_%5BDesktop_Resolution%5D.JPG

You don't have to go even this far. Just spiff it up a bit.

Nice. Lowered 2"?

I kinda like the height of my truck. I think it's a little lower than stock just because the suspension is old and worn out :embarrassed:

My Stang is lowered, and not because I did anything, it's still got the 4 cylinder springs :grin:

that woudl do it :grin:

I was amazed at the difference in stance my father-in=laws 1950 chevy truck had after he replaced the original springs. I thought that there was something wrong and he told me that was the original height of the truck. We're just used to seeing them with the suspensions all broken down now. :embarrassed:

I love that truck.
I used to drive my dad's shop truck of similar vintage when I was learning to drive. That thing was probably ten years old at the time but it was completely beat down. Your truck is in better shape now than his was in 1972.

I love that truck.
I used to drive my dad's shop truck of similar vintage when I was learning to drive. That thing was probably ten years old at the time but it was completely beat down. Your truck is in better shape now than his was in 1972.

ouch. shop trucks get destroyed pretty fast though.

no pics today but I spent way too much time putting my heater core back in the heater box. tomorrow we should be putting that and the radiator back in and it should be ready to turn over if not drive around :)

image-2290302115.jpg
image-1404220501.jpg
image-3641687598.jpg
image-2614110329.jpg
image-3534477732.jpg
image-74536745.jpg

BoomBoomBigelow said:
I like the rims you have, but I'm wondering how wide whitewalls would look with them. :shrug:

I was thinking about white walls today but I don't think it would fit for me....

A few pics from today

It's alive!

Last edited:
no idea, although it's on at least its second motor (I'm pretty sure it originally had an inline 6 and this is an early 80's 305). I'm sure in its life it's been around the dial at least once.

Back