Levee Road Revue

rhino

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Here are some videos of a group I play with. We all write songs and take turns leading the ensemble.
I'm kind of new to the youtube world. If ya'll could share any of them with your social media, I'd appreciate it.

If you could get two or three more acoustic guitars going, you'd really have something :embarrassed:.

Sounds pretty good , and a really cool setup. I like the staging, and you all have complimentary styles.

If you could get two or three more acoustic guitars going, you'd really have something :embarrassed:.

Sounds pretty good , and a really cool setup. I like the staging, and you all have complimentary styles.

right? You play acoustic guitar don't you?

That's the way we figured out we could play loud bars where you'd typically expect to have a band. If everybody capos in different spots you get different voicings and it makes for a nice wall of sound without stepping on each others toes.

Sometimes we add a bass player, drummer, and pedal steel player. When we do that we bring a couple of electric guitars along with a banjo and mandolin so there is some more variation.

Sounds great. I really like what you do layering the guitars with the different voicings and the different playing styles.

Sounds great. I really like what you do layering the guitars with the different voicings and the different playing styles.

Thanks. It's one of the most organic groups I've ever played with. There really isn't alot of discussion that goes into parts. It just seems to fall in some place comfortable.

That is some great stuff. That Gretsch really sounds good.

The first song made me think about this largely forgotten song from the 60's:

That is a song that "oldies radio" doesn't know. It isn't that I found the song you guys done derivative; it just stirred a memory.

I'm glad you shared it. I enjoyed it.

I didn't think you were saying it was derivative. It is similar, but that's kind of how folk music works, or any roots music for that matter. If we thought about it, I'm sure we could rattle off a bunch more as well. :)

I'm glad you shared it. I enjoyed it.

I didn't think you were saying it was derivative. It is similar, but that's kind of how folk music works, or any roots music for that matter. If we thought about it, I'm sure we could rattle off a bunch more as well. :)
No doubt. There are a number of my songs that deliberately echo folk songs, yet also take them in a slightly different direction. That's called the folk process, which sounds better than plagiarism. :grin:

right? You play acoustic guitar don't you?

That's the way we figured out we could play loud bars where you'd typically expect to have a band. If everybody capos in different spots you get different voicings and it makes for a nice wall of sound without stepping on each others toes.

Sometimes we add a bass player, drummer, and pedal steel player. When we do that we bring a couple of electric guitars along with a banjo and mandolin so there is some more variation.

I would love to hear you guys with the bass and pedal steel. I really like those clips, but I am a sucker for a good pedal steel.

I would love to hear you guys with the bass and pedal steel. I really like those clips, but I am a sucker for a good pedal steel.

Thanks, Chad.

I don't know of any clips floating around, but I'd like to hear them too if there are. :)

We've talked about making an album together but haven't gotten around to it yet. We really should get on that. :rawk:

Back