Let's have an argument about hamburgers

tiger roach

Urban Bovine Knievel
Specifically, are smashed-style burgers permissible?

I've never tried one. The whole notion seems contrary to good cooking practice. But I keep reading about how tasty they can be, and I'm on the brink of giving 'em a shot.

Yes, maybe, recoil in horror? Anyone like them and have any cooking tips to relate?

eat0

Not sure. I usually knead in some white pepper and salt. I tried doing it smash style and just seasoning the top and bottom. I went back to kneading in my seasoning.

I tried Freddy's ,Smashburger, and Steak and Shake.
I didn't like any of them.

smashed can be good, if it's done well. (doing it on a grill is dumb, it should be done on a flat surface)

like everything else in the world, there's more than one type of good hamburger.

I have not tried them, I guess. There have been some Smash Burgers and Steak and Shakes popping up around here. Maybe I'll try one one of these days. Tough call though. Most of them are in New Haven. But I'm in New Haven for a burger, I usually go to the source...

http://louislunch.com/

I don't recall having one, but the idea has merit.

Smashed on a flat griddle, you get more surface area on which to enjoy the effects of the Maillard reaction.
You can get a lot of flavour with minimal seasoning.

There is a time and a place for a thick, juicy burger and for a smashed burger done on a flat top. I prefer veggies in their natural state.

Smashburger, Freddy's and Steak and Shake have the smashed burgers and all three are awesome. Thanks, now I have to drive to fairfax so I can have Freddy's for lunch. I fucking hate you guys.

I've been on this,low-carb diet since March no haven't had a hamburger since then.

Fuck all you fuckers...

Back