Let's Have a Funny Pic Thread! Mk XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
There used to be a funny pic thread around here. Have you guys seen where it went?

074b4bf8b85736d53e1f136b937f3b0a.jpg

Be like the male wagdog.

Sorry to burst your bubble but iOS is so much better than any other OS for tablet. So it's not brainwashing. Seems to be the trendy thing to do, slagging Apple. It's almost the new hipsterism to be anti-apple.

I have used Apple professionally for years and never ever had one issue. I can just get on with what I need to do. With Windows I always spend lots of time on maintenance.

Example: all my peripherals just plugged in straight into my Mac and worked. No fucking about with drivers, registry issues etc.

Recording is as easy as plugging in record without latency.

While Windows gotten better, it still doesn't hold a candle against Mac OS.

it's my opinion based on years of professional use
No prob. I must admit that I have used Apple computers very infrequently as I have worked where they have used PC's.

I will say that as a gamer there is no comparison. At work a computer is merely a tool to get a job done. Admittedly I have experienced more than a few issues with work computers over the years and I have had issues with computers I game with. But, the computer I have now is a gaming rig, bought for just that purpose. I compared an Apple with similar specs and the Apple was much more expensive.

Honestly, that is my greatest issue with them is their comparative price.

The peripherals are another issue with me. I had an iPod and for the money paid it was a POS. One of my prior computers had iTunes and it was so intrusive that I finally removed it and never touched my iPod again.

I have, in the past, used Windows based tablets, the Toshiba Tough Book, and I never had issues with it. That computer, a work computer, was dropped multiple times by multiple users ( It was used on an ambulance and it got a lot of abuse. One girl used it to "calm" a violent patient in the back of a rig when he went at her. It worked fine.

Phones, too, are another issue. My work supplied phones to the crew bosses. Tablets too. They, and the office staff, were always complaining about them. Two of my daughters jumped on the iPhone train and could not wait to get off. In my judgement, for a lesser price I can get a rugged Android phone that will do everything I want it to do, as mine does, and pay half the price, as I did.

I will admit, though, that am not the type of person who likes cell phones and I use mine more for traffic when I am driving, music and reading.

Again, no problem. We each have our preferences. I knew someone would stand up for Apple and I cannot say you are wrong.

Last edited:
Haha as a Dutchman, that is funny :)

You may get a kick out of this. Here are the lyrics to an old drinking song "One more drink for the four of us". Often (at least in the US), the term "Dutch" in these old tales and songs actually referred to the Germans (Deutsch)

Oh, the Souse family, is the best family,
That ever came over from old Germany,
There's the highland Dutch and the lowland Dutch,
The Rotterdam Dutch and the goddamned Dutch.

Chorus
Singing Glo-ri-ous! Glo-ri-ous!
One keg of beer for the four of us!
Singing glory be to God that there are no more of us;
For one of us could drink it all alone!

When god made the Irish,
He didn't make much,
But they're a damn site better
Than the goddamned Dutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back