Let's discuss Licorice !11!

I am Dutch, so I grew up on the stuff. Love it all, sweet, salty, bitter, soft, hard :love:

Having said that, not too keen on Licorice Allsort

27192-23353-venco-dropmix-gemengd.9.jpeg
tikkels-drop.jpg
8714200207924_a1n1.png

I am Dutch, so I grew up on the stuff. Love it all, sweet, salty, bitter, soft, hard :love:

tikkels-drop.jpg
8714200207924_a1n1.png
Mmm. Dubbel zout! and really, all of that. I have been fortunate enough to taste all of that, through my wife's Dutch family. We still do Sinterklaas celebration in her Mom's honor, as that was their family tradition.

Reactions: wok
About once a year I might have a twizzler or two. Does that count?
See @wok 's post below. You will have to find a specialty european store to get it. Or you probably can online some where. We used to receive it straight from family in the Netherlands, and sometimes we could find it in a little european store that still exists in Salt Lake City. I could find lefsa there too. In honor of one of my family's holiday traditions.

Mmm. Dubbel zout! and really, all of that. I have been fortunate enough to taste all of that, through my wife's Dutch family. We still do Sinterklaas celebration in her Mom's honor, as that was their family tradition.

I love Sinterklaas... mmmm pepernoten :love:

tikkels-drop.jpg
8714200207924_a1n1.png
I agree on the Allsort, wont be buying it again. It's just not bitter, etc enough...I suppose it's kinda for people who don't like licorice.

See @wok 's post below. You will have to find a specialty european store to get it. Or you probably can online some where. We used to receive it straight from family in the Netherlands, and sometimes we could find it in a little european store that still exists in Salt Lake City. I could find lefsa there too. In honor of one of my family's holiday traditions.
if you have a "world market" in your area you can get it there or just buy online

Really dislike it in general, but I always loved sherbet fountains which had a stick of liquorice in it

I stopped by the lincoln square merz today and picked up some of that Amarelli - it's awesome! I had one an hour ago and I'm still tasting it.

I stopped by the lincoln square merz today and picked up some of that Amarelli - it's awesome! I had one an hour ago and I'm still tasting it.
:cool:

*edit* I know you once commented on my Underberg bottle when i posted a Fridge/freezer pic, Merz is where I bought that too

Be careful with that stuff. It can be bad for you.

Don't want to crap on the parade but do a search. Be careful out there!

:cool:

*edit* I know you once commented on my Underberg bottle when i posted a Fridge/freezer pic, Merz is where I bought that too
I believe I saw some of that as well. along with every frou frou aftershave and "beard oil" that's ever been made

The FDA is just a bunch of blokes in the pocket of Big Pharma who hate America...Eyetalians and the like have been eating black licorice since before the FDA exsisted...also Deebo is healthy and active and he's not one of those fat ass 40 somethings who eat fast food and super size sodas everyday....So deebo will be alright.

I'm not Yabba but I know Yabba is a man of the culinary world and he's probably eaten things like fried chocolate covered crickets for breakfast so I imagine Yabba will be alright eating black licorice....

fwiw I wrote a poem about licorice....

If licorice is wrong I don't wanna be right
If being right means being without you
I'd rather live a wrong life
The FDA say it's a shame
It's a downright disgrace
Long as I got you by my side
I don't care what your people say

Your warnings tell you there's no future
In licorice
If I can't see you when I want to
I'll see you when I can

Am I wrong to fall so deeply in love with you
Knowing I got two little dog children
Depending on me too
And am I wrong to hunger
for the gentleness of your taste
knowing I got some more at home

And am I wrong to fall in love
With licorice
And am I wrong trying to hold on
To the best thing I ever had

I don't wanna be right
If it means no licorice tonight
I don't wanna be right
If it means no licorice at night
I don't wanna, I don't wanna
I don't wanna never, never, never be right
I just want licorice tonight

I mostly eat toast and really strong black tea for breakfast. but I am old as shit.

I've been trying to start a sourdough starter from scratch lately, and have been tasting it as it evolves (the rotting vegetable smells are decreasing lately!), so my current gut microbiome will probably give me superpowers to resist the dangers of licorice.

Food Forum Gazette

July 35, 2018

- World Wide Web, Internet

Yabba, 75, was shot to death by Dee Bo, 82, when he "looked at a dog funny." Bo, of Tuckson, Arizona, is being held on bail of 1,000 pounds of boutique licorice. Acquaintances say Bo, of 123 Doggy Dog Lane, had become obsessive about the confection in recent years. Ironically, Yabba, a resident of the Millenial Hipster Town neighborhood, was known to favor the treat as well.

Back