lets discuss hummus wraps

Recipe? You think I make stuff?

I have eaten hummus at many Middle Eastern restaurants, and I like it, but it just doesn't have a distinctive flavor to me.

It's kinda like bean dip in a way. probably the commercial varieties have more 'flavor" than a natural middle eastern version fwiw.

Gary, while I hear you and appreciate that we all have great variation in taste buds and what we enjoy, you talking food stereotyping. You might as well all Asian people look alike!

There are so many varieties of each manufacturer who all taste distinctly different from each other. Next you have the fresh made stuff from some eateries (many just get vats of the stuff from Sysco) and the taste of those can be inconsistent depending on the day (usually based on who makes it and how they interpret the recipe). Lastly you have the homemade stuff, and I have yet to find anyone that makes it the same everytime and certainly no one makes a hummus that tastes like anyone else (even if they're trying).

And people do black bean hummus and edamame hummus, as well as other using other foundations. Tzatziki sauce is vastly more consistent by comparison and I'm picky about that in that I find dill destroys it for me. Dill is among the most useless seasons in the universe.

Gary, while I hear you and appreciate that we all have great variation in taste buds and what we enjoy, you talking food stereotyping. You might as well all Asian people look alike!

There are so many varieties of each manufacturer who all taste distinctly different from each other. Next you have the fresh made stuff from some eateries (many just get vats of the stuff from Sysco) and the taste of those can be inconsistent depending on the day (usually based on who makes it and how they interpret the recipe). Lastly you have the homemade stuff, and I have yet to find anyone that makes it the same everytime and certainly no one makes a hummus that tastes like anyone else (even if they're trying).

And people do black bean hummus and edamame hummus, as well as other using other foundations. Tzatziki sauce is vastly more consistent by comparison and I'm picky about that in that I find dill destroys it for me. Dill is among the most useless seasons in the universe.
I am not stereotyping; I am commenting on my tastebuds. To me, all hummus I have tried is just rather bland.

Garrison Keillor once said "There is very little difference between the best pumpkin pie you have had and the worst pumpkin pie you have had." That's how my taste buds view hummus.

Once you start adding a whole bunch of extra ingredients, it is no longer hummus; it is a hybrid.

Oh, and I do rather resent the suggestion that I am saying something like all Asians look alike. Maybe that's wrong of me, but it bothers me. I imagine I'll step away from this discussion before I am compared to Hitler.

I am not stereotyping; I am commenting on my tastebuds. To me, all hummus I have tried is just rather bland.

Garrison Keillor once said "There is very little difference between the best pumpkin pie you have had and the worst pumpkin pie you have had." That's how my taste buds view hummus.

Once you start adding a whole bunch of extra ingredients, it is no longer hummus; it is a hybrid.

Oh, and I do rather resent the suggestion that I am saying something like all Asians look alike. Maybe that's wrong of me, but it bothers me. I imagine I'll step away from this discussion before I am compared to Hitler.

You have to know I was joking and it's all in love.

My appreciation of hummus is vast. I like all types and flavors. I'm also not judging the seething hatred and prejudice that flows through you. We all have our demons.:thu:

Houmous is basically chickpeas, garlic, tahini, olive oil and lemon juice.

There aren't really that many ways of making it. You can add extra ingredients, but that's your basic houmous.

Back