lets discuss hummus wraps

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
two years ago whilst in Silverton Colorado I discovered Hummus wraps. I intended to get a sandwich from the local grocer/general store cuz the place had a deli and all that, buncha pre made (earlier in the day) huge sandwiches AND they had wraps. I saw this turkey hummus, wrap, had spicy hummus, tomatoes, red onions, cucumber, argula and sprouts and a bit of turkey..fucking A it was good!

So when I got back to Tucson I deciphered the label much as I would a Hot dog label and went shopping. To this day I'm absolutely sold on them...one of the cheapest healthiest fulfilling meals you can make. I mean when my Mom was in the hospital shortly after I got back from that trip me and my bro took turns on vigil for a little over two weeks, in that time I averaged like 3 or four hours of sleep a day and I worked 8 hours. I'd come home for an hour go to the hospital to relieve my bro till like 10 pm, come home and crash and then go back at like 3 am. during that time pretty much all I ate other than the occasional hospital cafeteria thing was Hummus wraps and I always had energy. I believe they kept me goingmentally and physically....

so enough of that since then I have mainly stuck to the tried and true but sometimes I just go veggie style (cheaper/quicker/easier) and like today and yesterday made just a whole wheat (whole foods thingy) "tortilla" with engine 2 falafel arugula and sprouts...nothing else just that...it's filling, energizing wholesome and takes like 1 minute to make...fucking A this might be the supermeal of the century...we could probably cure world hunger feeding people these...

Anyway do you guys dig the wraps/ and fancy pants combos you use. Thoughts on hummus, falafel ?

I like wraps.
I like hummus.

I'm sure I've had hummus on a wrap are some point.
No specific combination of ingredients come to mind, though.
To me, it's like a condiment in this scenario. A great condiment, but one that can be a bigger part of the whole.

Falafel is one of my favorite foods. I eat my share of hummus but I don't get too excited about it. I buy it if it's on sale.

the engine 2 one is one of the best I've had , at least their falafel version and it's cheap, only 2.99....probably the cheapest thing available at Whole paycheck

Like all of that. I can't do it as an every day thing. But a couple times a week.

I like cucumber and hummus in pita bread, maybe with some parsley or other similar.

Big hummus fan. Turkey/hummus/pepper jack/spinach is a nice, easy combo that tastes great.

Reactions: DFB
Falafel is one of my favorite foods. I eat my share of hummus but I don't get too excited about it. I buy it if it's on sale.
Same here. Hummus just...is. It is there, it is healthy. I doesn't taste good or bad, it just is. Almost like water.

Hummus is nice, but it’s best to make your own. Most of the stuff on the market is adulterated with canola oil.

Back