WTF: Let’s Give Bob Dylan A Nice Bed?

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
http://www.gofundme.com/2jc4yga2s

For over 50 years, Bob Dylan has been one of the most celebrated figures in American music. His songs have redefined genres and given voice to generations, and he has continued to crank out tune after awesome tune well into his winter years. He has given us everything while asking nothing in return, and for that, we think it’s about time that America said “thank you” for all his contributions to our ears and our hearts.

Hence, we have started this GoFundMe page with the goal of purchasing Bob a brand-new Sleep Number® adjustable bed. This includes a classic c2 Sleep Number® mattress, a sturdy modular base, and an intuitive wireless remote for adjusting the bed’s firmness. With taxes and shipping, the bed will cost $1,359.97. It is expensive, but we believe that this is the least we can do to thank “The Man In The Hat” for his service to the American people.

If we exceed our goal, the extra money will go toward purchasing comfortable blankets and/or additional Sleep Number® adjustable beds for Bob. If we fail to meet our goal, any money raised will be refunded to the original donors. But let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

And here I'm stalled on my Go Fund Me to provide addiction treatment. o_O :facepalm:

WTF?
cheryl-piss-off-gifz6zwg.gif

Clickhole is run by The Onion. It's a parody site. Although at this point it seems to be less satire and more simple shitposting.

Some people want him to lay down his weary tune, I guess.

But he's not going to lie in his bed until he can hear the soft pounding heart of his own true love.

I am pretty sure I am not donating money to buy a bed for a guy who makes more money in 1 concert than I do in a year.

I am pretty sure I am not donating money to buy a bed for a guy who makes more money in 1 concert than I do in a year.

You can always donate to him directly by buying his records, merchandise, concert tickets, etc.

That said, the man really needs and deserves a nice bed.

For me, though, the difficult issue here is that the bed in question is nowhere near nice enough. $1359 is, like, what? One fifth of a nice bed? Bare minimum. That's kind of insulting.

Back