Les Paul Special on Layaway - Which is the Better Les Paul Forum?

Cool! My only complaint though, is the vast majority of the threads in MyLesPaul seem to be about the 'bucker equipped Les Pauls (it's kind of like the Offset Guitars forum's obsession with the Fender Jazzmaster).

Yep. The vast majority is about Historic LP's, what I see when lurking they lean to the harder classic rock sounds of the late '60's and '70's in their gear and music tastes. Most wanted a LP and a Marshall because of Jimmy Page, Duane Allman, etc.

They may narrow cast some, I don't think you'll find any bias against the P-90 Goldtops, Jr/Special, SG, or even Fender for that matter.

It is funny how I never had an interest in a Les Paul forum yet I belong to the TDPRI the telecaster forum. I guess after awhile, I just prefer to remain in good company.

I've hung out on MLP for a few years. It can be hit or miss but the luthier's corner is almost always great.

I haven't visited in a few years, but remember some incredibly detailed how-to posts with plenty of helpful photos there.

Yep. The vast majority is about Historic LP's, what I see when lurking they lean to the harder classic rock sounds of the late '60's and '70's in their gear and music tastes. Most wanted a LP and a Marshall because of Jimmy Page, Duane Allman, etc.

They may narrow cast some, I don't think you'll find any bias against the P-90 Goldtops, Jr/Special, SG, or even Fender for that matter.

That's the impression I got. The Offset Guitars forum is the same way, with the infatuation over Fender Jazzmasters. It's probably due to the Nels Cline, Sonic Youth, and Elvis Costello fans that inhabit that forum.

Last edited:
Second only the the infamous Fender Forum/FDP when it comes to arbitrarily banning members over petty things. I wonder if I might be banned for saying so.
It didn't used to be like that. Basically when Ole' Fuzzy couldn't take being there anymore is when things went downhill.

I remember when Fuzzy spoke mostly proper English and Noam ran the forum before Paul Green. Things back then were like things are here.

Noam ran TDP, which was never the same site nor had any real affilation with TDPRI. The latter filled a void for some left by the abrupt closing of the former.

Noam ran TDP, which was never the same site nor had any real affilation with TDPRI. The latter filled a void for some left by the abrupt closing of the former.
I remember there being some sort of handoff, including the RI running the same software and having old posts.

Either way, it wasn't very different for a long while, even a long time after the switch to vB. Then at some point it became a business instead of a passion and the feel changed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Back