Least favorite restaurant of ALL TIME.

Krystal. Abhorrent "food". Soylent Green-like crime against gastronomy and humanity.

Last edited:
There’s a restaurant in a nearby town called Post. They try to pass themselves off as gourmet southern food and a microbrewery. The food is reminiscent of Golden Corral and the beer is on par with Corona. I never thought the worst restaurant of my life would be worse than Golden Corral.

Probably the place that replaced my wifes sald that had a fly in it with a salad with 2 flies in it. Yuck

Then there was the place on Lee highway in DC that unceremoniously chucked my 2 hamburgers I ordered into a bag bare without condiments without even asking if it was to go our not. Although I was being very nice and trying to fit in as the only person of my type in the joint. A guy before me had just ordered with the full treatment custom whatever he wanted on the burger, I step up "what do you want?" Me: "2 hamburgers please" [guy turned around, gets to from the grill, onto the buns, wraps them in foil, chucks them into a bag, ] "7 dollars"

Panda Express. How the hell is that shit a chain? Not a single dish is even passably Chinese. I've had better rice and egg rolls from the frozen food section. They even mess up (American) dishes like General Tso as it tastes like honey with red crayon flakes instead of spices.

Jack In The Crack/Burger fu-King/McHell-No's/Taco Hell

Panda Express. How the hell is that shit a chain? Not a single dish is even passably Chinese. I've had better rice and egg rolls from the frozen food section. They even mess up (American) dishes like General Tso as it tastes like honey with red crayon flakes instead of spices.

Add in all the other mall "Chinese" chains. I wouldn't feed that shit to a hated dog.
PF Chang's isn't much better, just much more expensive.

I'll go with the restaurant in the hotel/convention center in Overland Park, Kansas. With no public transportation there, it was my only choice to eat and had two vegetarian options. I didn't complain, but, when the hostess commented that I seemed a regular and asked how I like it, I said, "It's nice, but I wish you had more vegetarian options." She got a snooty look an her face and said, "Well, this is cattle country." That attitude did it for me.

Heh, I tried PE once. Once was enough. Frozen Chinese is definitely more authentic. :tongue:

I haven't had a truly bad restaurant experience in a long time. Yay for that.

One memorable time was in high school, we were in downtown Fort Worth for the state orchestra thing. Found out too late that the entire downtown area closed down at sunset, and the only place to eat was the hotel restaurant. Which was packed. So we waited forever for a table, and then my pork chop was raw inside. :messedup:

I've eaten at some buffet places in the Dakotas that were unspeakably awful. Taco Bell and Panda Express are gourmet in comparison.

Back